| || POSITION SUMMARY |
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the integration, facilitation, and coordination of the management and clinical activities of the nursing unit(s) with twenty-four hour accountability. Provides management and clinical support to other nursing units and house wide as required. Serves as a professional role model, mentor, and clinical resource/educator for nurses and other members of the health care team. Develops unit goals and objectives with other staff based on analysis of clinical and managerial processes to improve patient outcomes and create a culture of excellence. Represents the unit and is a liaison to internal and external customers. Participates in professional development activities and is active on hospital-wide committees. Demonstrates various styles of management. Participates in unit(s) budget development, responsible for monitoring and variance analysis.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing. A Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) or a Master’s of Nursing (MSN) is required*.
- Must possess current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Work requires knowledge of organization and operation of a patient care unit and nursing care techniques and methods. Possesses knowledge generally acquired through three to five years’ experience as a professional nurse, with progressively more responsible experience in appropriate specialty area.
- Must have a broad based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial, and patho/physiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and treatment. Possesses the ability to perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice including the unusual and non-routine as normally acquired through three to five years’ experience as a professional nurse.
- Previous work experience in a supervisory or charge nurse position that required knowledge of financial management and personnel supervision and practice.