VACANCY: RT552 RTL Boat Rigger
Reports To: Power Sports Shop Foreman
Location: Short Pump, VA
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Full-Time Boat Rigger/Porter in the Power Sports department at our Short Pump, VA retail store.
This position is responsible for assuring all boats and ATVs are prepped, clean, and customer ready at all times, while providing legendary customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform prep on all new and used boats, includes, but is not limited to: installing motors, adding accessories, installing necessary add-ons, winterizing, demos to customers, etc. in accordance to department standards.
- Assure visual presentation standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to cleaning and inspection of interior/exterior of all ATVs, boats, motors, and trailers
- Move ATVs, boats, motors, and trailers around interior or exterior of buildings. Assist in loading and unloading of boat and trailer shipments.
- Assist technical staff as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Strong mechanical background (preferred)
- Must have wiring ability (12 volt DC) Preferred
- Mechanical ability to include skills in trouble shooting inboard/outboard issues (preferred)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid mechanical knowledge and at least six months to one year of experience in the power sports industry.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Pay Grade: 7N
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.