| || Faculty - RN to BSN Program - Telecommuter - SON Lbk Genl - Lubbock |
| || 12331BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Lubbock |
| || SON Lbk Genl |
| || Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching and service, some variation by academic unit. |
| || This position is responsible for teaching online courses(s) for the RN to BSN Program. We are seeking superior faculty who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and a desire to work with students to help them reach their goal of becoming professional nurses. Applicants must be self-motivated, have a demonstrated ability to work in a team, and a willingness to learn and engage in current and new technologies. Preference will be given to applicants with prior teaching experience in an academic settings. |
• Provides instruction, service, and research within the School of Nursing.
• Plans, coordinates, and conducts classroom and virtual clinical experiences for students.
• Participates in scholarly and academic activities appropriate to rank.
• Reports directly to Program Director and/or Associate Dean.
• Maintains academic standards as established by the school and the university.
• Assumes responsibility for and/or participates in the planning and organization of courses to which assigned.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of school, program, course, and student activities.
• Plans professional development activities for self such as continuing education offerings, workshops, professional meetings, etc.
• Participates in program, school, and university committees and in other activities associated with professional status appropriate to rank.
• Maintains membership in and participates in professional associations by serving on local/state committees of professional organizations.
• Incorporates new knowledge and techniques in online teaching.
• Conducts research or practice activities appropriate to rank and focus.
• Displays a scholarly orientation to the assumption of the responsibilities of a university faculty member as defined in the Guidelines for Qualification of Faculty Appointment Rank.
• Performs other duties as required.
| || |
• Masters of Science in Nursing required, Doctorate in Nursing or related degree preferred. All degrees must be from an accredited university.
• Assistant professor – educational experience in nationally accredited nursing program. Experience in nursing research and scholarly program or experience in advanced nursing practice. 2 years experience at instructor level or earned doctorate.
• Associate professor – educational experience in a nationally accredited nursing program. Experience in nursing research and scholarly program or experience in advanced nursing practice. 3 years experience at assistant professor level.
• Professor - educational experience in a nationally accredited nursing program. Experience in nursing research and scholarly program or experience in advanced nursing practice. 3 years experience at associate professor level.
Nursing License number required
Unofficial Transcript highly requested
| || • Demonstrated leadership skills related to coordination of teaching activities.|
• Effective verbal/written communication skills and proficiency in English language.
• Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum and instructional design and implementation.
• Demonstrated achievement in scholarly and research activities.
• Awareness of current issues/trends in nursing and higher education.
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| || No |
| ||Professional License or Certification |
Resume / CV
| ||Professional/Personal Reference |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
| || Full Time |
| || Monthly |
| || salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills |
| || 800 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || Up to 25% |
| || Day |
| || No |