| || Senior Editor |
| || 11853BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Lubbock |
| || Development Lbk |
| || Performs complex supervisory, coordinative and management duties in the preparation and publication of printed materials for assigned area. Responsible for the production process and may include scheduling, editing, and design issues. Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with established regulations and procedures. |
| || |
- Contributes to the development of themes and contents of issues cooperatively with communications director, editorial board and department heads.
- Initiates and responds to ideas for articles according to editorial policy.
- Establishes and oversees schedules for all stages of publication.
- Ensures production of periodical within specified budget and deadlines.
- Prioritizes, tracks, handles, and maintains records of the elements, costs, and time schedules of each issue.
- Initiates or replies to correspondence regarding material published or being considered for publication.
- Directs copy editors, production editors, writers, researchers, graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, typesetters, and printers.
- Rewrites or directs the rewriting of copy, headlines, and captions to clarify meaning and to conform to publication's style and editorial policy.
- Copy edits or directs copy editing activities such as conferring with writers, editing copy, page proof, to detect and correct errors.
- Participates in marketing and promotion planning.
- Attends professional and social events relevant to the periodical's content and audience.
- Maintains PULSE website.
| || |
- Performs other duties as assigned for Pulse/Institutional Advancement.
| || Bachelor's degree in related area plus three (3) years progressively responsible related experience; OR a combination of specifically related education and/or experience to equal seven (7) years. |
| || |
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| || No |
| ||Professional/Personal References |
Resume / CV
| || Other Documents Supporting Qualifications |
| || Part Time |
| || Hourly |
| || 16.89 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || Up to 25% |
| || Day |
| || No |
| || Clerical/Secretarial |
| || 09/25/2018|