| || 35686BR |
| || Web Application Developer (IT) |
| || Web Application Developer (IT) |
| || Campus: Polytechnic |
| || Information Technology |
| || Research and Development |
| || Full-Time |
| || EXEC VP/PROVOST |
| || Open |
| || This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding. |
| || 02 |
| || $51,840 - $59,000 per year; DOE |
| || 29-September-2017 |
| || ASU Library is seeking a highly motivated, knowledgeable Web Application Developer within Discovery Services. The incumbent in this position will work closely and collaboratively with users and librarians to design, create, develop, enhance and maintain web content, tools, functionality and format based on requests and in support of library goals. This individual will configure, support, and administer library web applications and instructional technology applications such as Drupal web sites, LibGuides, Omeka, and other related web applications. |
Ranked #1 for innovation two years in a row by U.S. News and World Report, Arizona State University has become the foundational model for a new paradigm for public higher education – committed to access, excellence and impact – and is now actively engaged in building a new library for the 21st century. ASU Library, serving as a critical gateway to ASU’s growing research and knowledge enterprise, works to collaborate, educate and innovate across disciplines, communities and technologies, while leveraging key research and learning opportunities that are unique to ASU.
| || |
- Develops new web tools and applications
- Provides technical consultative suggestions and recommendations to users for continued enhancements to web content and informational areas
- Works closely with users to understand requirements, security needs; develops and presents initial design ideas and associated tools, tests functionality to ensure objectives are achieved; integrates user developed content
- Assists in creating instructional materials and media
- Identifies and troubleshoots errors and/or problems with web based applications; works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution; escalates as appropriate
- Participates as team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through use of innovative and technology supported solutions; prepares associated documentation and end-user training
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations
- Designs, develops, maintains and enhances a variety of online instructional content, services and forms to facilitate the delivery of a technology based curriculum along with associated supporting content
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with all standards.
- Prepares training materials and associated documentation.
| || |
Bachelor's degree Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related. 3 years web and database including creating and updating table structures and views as well as CSS development.
| || |
- Experience administering, configuring, updating, and customizing content management systems (Drupal or WordPress preferred)
- Experience administering web server applications in Linux and IIS
- Experience assessing and implementing accessible web applications according to standard guidelines, such as WCAG 2.0
- Experience integrating various systems through APIs
- Experience with a version-control system such as Git or Subversion
- Demonstrated knowledge of the LAMP stack or similar technology stacks
- Demonstrated knowledge with library-related web applications including Libguides, Primo, Alma and Omeka
- Experience integrating learning objects within a Learning Management System (Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, etc.)
- Experience providing instructional design, specifically in online classroom environment
- Experience in creating instructional products that incorporate audio and video
- Evidence in effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in utilizing user centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Experience in working in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to continually learn and stay abreast of developments in web and application coding and best practices
| || |
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods
- of sitting, standing and walking Frequent physical demands include stooping, bending, reaching,
- lifting up to 25 pounds and pushing objects of varying weights up to 100 pounds
- Exposure to dust and other airborne materials
- Regularly required to access books and other physical items from shelves up to 7 feet in height
- requiring climbing library ladders
- May be required to travel between library locations to deliver and/or retrieve materials using an
- electric powered cart.
- Close review of completed tasks
- May oversee assignments to student workers to ensure timely completion and/or to provide
- guidance or assistance to questions
| || The Arizona State University, ASU Libraries is a leader in innovative customer service and in the strength of its collections; it ranks in the top 40 research libraries in North America. ASU’s programs for online-only students are growing rapidly and the library is innovating to serve that audience as well. The ASU Libraries include nine physical locations: Fletcher Library at the West campus, the Library at the Downtown Phoenix campus, the Library at the Polytechnic campus, the Library at the Thunderbird campus (International Business Information Centre – IBIC), and the four libraries on the Tempe campus: Hayden Library, Noble Science and Engineering Library, Music Library, and Architecture and Environmental Design Library. In addition, the Ross-Blakely Law Library serves the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. The Libraries of ASU support over 90,000 full-time and part-time students and over 3,000 faculty. |
| || |
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. |
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check. |
| || |
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.