| || Assistant Professor - Graduate (PNP) |
| || 11584BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Lubbock |
| || SON Lbk Genl |
| || Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit. |
| || |
- Provides academic and clinical instruction within the School of Nursing.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts online, classroom and clinical experiences for students.
- Participates in scholarly and academic activities appropriate to rank.
- Reports directly to programmatic Department Chair.
- Maintains academic standards as established by the school and the university.
- Teaches students in online, clinical, laboratory, and classroom settings.
- Assumes responsibility for and/or participates in the planning and organization of courses to which assigned.
- Provides academic advising/counseling to assigned students.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of school, program, course, and student activities.
- Plans professional development activities for self, such as continuing education offerings, workshops, professional meetings, etc.
- Participates in program, school and university committees, and in other activities associated with professional status.
- Maintains membership in and participates in professional associations by serving on local/state committees of professional organizations.
- Incorporates new knowledge and techniques in online, clinical, classroom, and laboratory teaching.
- Conducts research or practice activities appropriate to rank.
- Displays a scholarly orientation to the assumption of the responsibilities of a university faculty member as defined in the Guidelines for Qualification of Faculty Appointment Rank.
| || Masters of Science in Nursing from an accredited university.|
Minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical nursing. Current RN license in the State of Texas or have the ability to transfer your license to Texas.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity. Demonstrated success as an APRN in Pediatric Acute Care. Holds national certification as a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and proficiency in English language.
| || Preferred Qualifications:|
Dual preparation for APRN National Certification is preferred, such as pediatric acute and pediatric primary care.
Earned Doctorate AND Master’s in Nursing from an accredited university with preparation as an APRN in the population focus of Pediatrics. Educational experience in a nationally accredited nursing program. Experience in nursing research and scholarly program and experience in advanced nursing practice. Requires at least two (2) years of teaching experience. Current RN license in the State of Texas or have the ability to transfer license to Texas. Holds national certification as Family Nurse Practitioner or a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with at least two years of clinical experience in the advanced practice nursing role.
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| || No |
| ||Cover Letter |
Professional License or Certification
Resume / CV
| ||Transcript |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
| || Full Time |
| || Monthly |
| || salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills |
| || 800 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || Up to 25% |
| || Day |
| || No |