| || About the Client:|
M&M Food market is an exciting concept in food retailing that has grown into Canada’s largest chain of frozen food stores with locations across the country. A team of dedicated employees, backed by a lineup of incredible products and loyal customers, have made M&M Food Market Ltd. a phenomenal success story. In 2014, M&M Meat Shops was purchased by Search Light, a global equity firm that also owns well-known brands such as Roots Canada and Hunter Boot. Now under a new management team, M&M is in the midst of repositioning its entire brand experience. The brand moved to its new name: M&M Food Market and is in the process of re-inventing itself across all of its consumer touchpoints, from product offering all the way to an entire new retail concept. As a unique Canadian retailer transforming itself, we are excited to look for new talent that will share our enthusiasm in taking our organization to its next chapter.
Purpose of the position:
Employed by Transcontinental and working at M&M Food Market’s Mississauga office, the Proofreader is an integral part of the Language Services department for M&M Food Market. The incumbent is responsible for the proofreading of high-quality retail flyers, eMAX, signage, catalogues and specialty programs. Please note this this position is a 9-month contract until May 4, 2018.
- Provide proofreading of English and French copy as required for a variety of M&M Food Market projects and ensure effectiveness, clarity and consistency
- Ensure English and French copies reflects proper grammar, syntax and spelling and mark up proofs using standardized proofreading symbols to clearly identify any inaccuracies noted
- Ensure style guidelines are adhered to and that English and French slugs and logos correctly appear on the page
- Proofread pages for spelling, punctuation, format, style, spacing, font accuracy and pricing
- Read correction on flyers, eMAX, and implement requested changes on the page
- Review and amend product copy with Technical Services team to ensure compliance with advertising regulations
- Solid understanding of the English and French language
- Degree or diploma in English and/or French studies, journalism, publishing or a related field
- One to three years’ experience as a copyeditor/proofreader
- Solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Adobe InDesign and various other software
- Ability to work on multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within the functional team and with other team members
- Result oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to ever-changing client standards
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality and within equal opportunity principles.