SABIC - Job details
Apply to job
Save to cart
View similar jobs
Senior Auditor, IT
Auto Req ID
Functional Work Area
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Purpose of Role:
* Execute audit engagement for the function assigned.
* Cover critical areas and special assignment within the function as assigned.
* Assist the team lead in executing the audit engagement.
* Provides assessment on soundness of internal controls and corporate risk management systems.
* Assist risk assessment, audit scope definition and stakeholder engagement to get proposed IT audits agreed
* Prepare detailed audit testing plans that focus on key risks
* Validate documents received vis-à-vis audit requirements list and liaise with audit team lead.
* Act as an audit team lead on as needed basis, supporting audit team members as required.
* Carrying out rigorous audit testing of work plans reporting observations and findings to Team Lead
* Agreeing issues, impacts, root causes and recommendations with management throughout the course of audit assignments
* Writing clear, concise, robust and balanced audit reports that require minimal re-drafting
* Assist the team lead in preparing the audit opinion.
* Taking a full role in any ad hoc tasks or projects required to meet departmental objectives
* Coordinate with the Data Analytics Team and the AM to identify and define data analytics requirements on those audits within their business or function
* Executing IT process controls audits, including general IT controls (logical access, change control, IT operations, physical access, back up, anti-virus etc.) based on a variety of IT frameworks
* Carrying out application controls and security reviews largely focused on SAP environments
* Disaster Recovery / BCP and related IT support level agreements,
* Project and IT governance as well as pre/post project implementation readiness reviews.
This position may be located in either Houston, TX or Pittsfield, MA
Education & Training
* Bachelor degree (Minimum) preferably in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology (or equivalent).
* Professional certifications are preferred (e.g. CIA, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, PMI,etc.)
* Experience in large scale organizations and similar businesses.
* At least 10 years in IT, 5 years practical experience of auditing IT processes, applications, infrastructure, IT security and projects.
* Able to understand processes and controls and identify potential risks to the business
* Excellent knowledge of IT risk, security and control and a clear understanding of the relationship between IT systems and business risks
* Familiarity with international legal requirements related to IT Audit, Regulatory Compliance and Data Privacy.
* Strong working experience in Process Automation Systems, IT Infrastructure and Information Security.
* Good understanding of industry frameworks and standards (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27002, PRINCE2) and experience of SAP and/or Oracle would be advantageous
* Ability to plan and lead IT Audits.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Fluency in English written and spoken; other languages are advantageous.
* Approximate 50% travel required
* Over 5 years experience in Audit Function or 10 years in the other business functions;
* Good knowledge in corporate governance, internal control system, risk management and internal audit standards.
* You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
* You must be 18 years or older
* You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
* You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
* You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
* Analytical skills
* Communication & Reporting
* Risk Management
* Corporate governance and control exposures
* Auditing Standards Awareness
* IT knowledge
* Problem solving
* Finance and Administration
* Diligence & Patience
* Independence & Objective
* Commitment & Integrity
* Team work
United States of America
Houston, TX or Pittsfield, MA
Please visit us at www.sabic.com/careers to learn more about SABIC.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Together, we are even better!
At SABIC, we get how business works and what brings sustained growth and market leadership. Our ultimate goal is to power our customers’ competitive advantage for the long term.
It is from a deep understanding of our customers’ commercial ambitions that we challenge the status quo – working relentlessly to deliver on that challenge.
We seek the best and the brightest employees throughout the world to become part of our vision.
You are ambitious and talented. You are looking for a career that will equip you to make the best of your strengths, both personally and professionally. That is why we are pleased you are visiting our careers website.
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation – SABIC – is a highly successful, rapidly expanding global manufacturer of chemicals, fertilizers, metals and plastics. We are as ambitious as you are and we have the track record to match.
SABIC prides itself on its world class expertise and technology, its ability to create specific solutions to meet individual customers’ circumstances and needs, its global reach and product depth, and commitment to a sustainable future.
We intend to be the preferred world leader in chemicals. To achieve our vision, we need to attract, develop and retain dedicated people of your caliber.
That is why this is the perfect time to build our futures together. Our comprehensive training and development programs are among the best in the petrochemical industry. Our pay and reward packages are always competitive and we offer you career opportunities in a diversity of disciplines and locations worldwide.
Choosing an employer is among the most important choices you will ever make.
Disclaimer: SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Apply to job
Save to cart
View similar jobs