Intelligence Analyst - Open Source will;
•Explore, assess, and provide meaningful and actionable information to current and future efforts across JIEDDO
• Apply foreign language and cultural expertise, area knowledge, advanced computer use and web research expertise to provide near real-time tactical Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) from social media information and social media analysis in support of current military operations.
• Conduct both large scale media analysis and in-depth comprehensive research and assessments of specific targets.
• Search for and gather information from a wide variety of social media sites; including, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Wikimapia and perform geo-location of pertinent data.
• Be aware of key personalities operating in their area of interest and have the capability of researching their presence on social media sites.
• Continually update existing methodologies through conducting research of new social media sites and search tools.
• Use all open sources of information to include foreign open media sources, Internet websites, newspapers, press agencies, television, radio, and specialized publications.
• Synthesize and organize information recovered to provide JIEDDO, Interagency, and other mission partners with high-impact, actionable intelligence.
• Apply in-depth knowledge of computer use, web searching and information gathering to a broad range of foreign media to identify trends and patterns.
• Identify and track key threat web sites that proliferate the knowledge of making IEDs and Home Made Explosives (HME).
• Evaluate and assess information value, translate Government-selected text, audio, and video materials from the media, and integrate this information with all source analysis and network databases.
• Research and analyze the media and internet environments in countries or regions identified by the Government and prepare analyses that describe and explain subtle relationships and trends.
• Deliver reports, briefings, and presentations as required.
Minimum Education requirement per the statement of work is a HS Diploma. Specialized training will also be considered.
Compensation will be comensurate with experience, education & training.
Knowledge, expertise, experience, and well-developed online searching skills related to foreign Internet, websites, media and social media sites with necessary language and cultural understanding to explore, assess, and provide meaningful and actionable information to current and future efforts across JIEDDO is required.
Occasional travel to CONUS locations will be required
Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
Experience working Counter IED and/or asymmetric threat analysis desired.
Language Proficiency is desired at Professional Working Proficiency Level 3 or higher as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable; Advanced foreign language reading and comprehension skills in the languages listed below:
◦ Priority 1: Arabic (Middle East), Arabic with a North African dialect, Arabic with a Yemeni dialect, Russian, Spanish, French
◦ Priority 2: Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, Chinese, Portuguese, German, Indonesian/Malaysian, Turkish, Swahili
ESS8200 IS&GS (S8200-SWIFT)
Info Systems & Global Sol
JIEDDO - DASS
6222024:Intel Tech-ClientSite OTO3(OS)
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.