| || 47841BR |
| || Analyst, GME |
| || 7708 Financial Analyst II |
| || 500 Parnassus Avenue |
| || Medicine / Office of Graduate Medical Education |
| || Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm |
| || Days |
| || 8 Hours |
| || JOB OVERVIEW
The Finance Analyst, Graduate Medical Education (GME), provides high-level analytical and procedural financial support services to the GME Finance Manager and Director of Graduate Medical Education. The Finance Analyst will also be responsible for special projects as requested by the Director of GME. Finance-related responsibilities include complex analyses of financial data gathered and compiled from multiple funding sources; participation in the management of GME financial resources, including the Blumberg Loan fund; and maintenance and dissemination of financial reports and billing documentation.
The GME Finance Analyst must have outstanding communication skills that allow him/her to effectively work with varying levels of staff in various departments and institutions, both within UCSF and externally; faculty; and residents and fellows. The GME Finance Analyst must also have excellent organizational and prioritization skills. He/she must be able to effectively work with competing projects and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE’S OFFICE OF GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
The School of Medicine’s Office of Graduate Medical Education (OGME) is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and general management of more than 175 ACGME/ABMS and non-ACGME residency and fellowship programs. OGME disseminates and implements Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) policies, guidelines, and compliance measures; ensures compliance with California Medical Board licensure and Homeland Security visa regulations; coordinates the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP); manages appointments and credentialing for all UCSF trainees as well as all short-term rotating housestaff and visiting scholars; interprets and applies state and federal laws and regulations; reconciles and manages GME managed funds used for trainee salaries and benefits; manages non-health benefits for residents and fellows; negotiates affiliate hospital contracts; and works closely with university entities and affiliated institutions to develop and assure the quality of the university’s educational curriculum.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| || • Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
• Minimum three years of experience in administrative analysis and or finance
• Windows and MacOS proficiency
• Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
• Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information, organizes, and performs basic financial analysis assignments
• Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally
• Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to function as a member of a team
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| || • Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources |
| || n/a |
| || Full Time |
| || 100% |
| || The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. |