| || 47356BR |
| || Staff Research Associate I |
| || 9613 Staff Research Associate I |
| || UCSF Parnassus |
| || Medicine / Pulmonary |
| || Monday – Friday ; 8 hours per day |
| || Days |
| || 8 Hours |
| || JOB OVERVIEW
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Staff Research Associate I (SRAI) entails processing human tissue samples and performing molecular and cell biologic techniques to study lung inflammation and remodeling to support grants in the laboratory of Prescott Woodruff. Specific techniques employed will include RNA preparation, PCR, western blotting, ELISA, microscopy, cell culture and may include studies with mice. Training will be provided.
PULMONARY, CRITICAL CARE, ALLERGY AND SLEEP MEDICINE DIVISION
The mission of the Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine Division is to be a leader in the provision of comprehensive medical care to patients with pulmonary disease, critical illness, allergic diseases and sleep disorders, to be an engine for innovative research aimed at elucidating basic mechanisms of disease, to translate our research activities into new clinical initiatives, and to provide a rich training environment for the next generation of international leaders in basic, translational and clinical research.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| || • BA/BS degree with a major in a related science and academic experience utilizing techniques/methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
• Experience with cell culture and western blotting
• Academic knowledge in cell/molecular biology as well as mouse handling, including proficiency in cell culture, RNA preparation, PCR, western blotting, ELISA and microscopy
• Academic experience with laboratory methods, molecular and cell biology
• Working knowledge in Excel and Access data management programs
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Excellent organizational, time management, administrative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, multitasking
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| || • At least one year working experience with applications in molecular and cell biology, and microscopy
• Database design skills: especially experience with writing queries in Access, although any relational database experience will also be desirable
• Experience handling mice, including mouse colonies and genotyping
| || n/a |
| || Full Time |
| || 100% |
| || The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. |