| || DEPAUL MEDICAL CENTER |
The Staff Registered Nurse, under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator and/or Nurse Manager, is responsible for providing and/or promoting quality patient care based on the individual needs of the patient populations served. Utilizing the nursing process, assesses, plans, provides and evaluates professional nursing care based on evidenced base practice or research. Acts as team leader and appropriately delegates task to other team members. Identifies and intervenes to address patient and family nursing care and educational needs. Accountable for daily unit team performance through supervision of assigned staff utilizing multi disciplinary collaboration. Assists in the efficient operation of the unit. Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires. Continually seeks opportunities for professional development and performance improvement. Assumes charge role or preceptor as needed. Practices under the rules and regulations of the Virginia Department of Health Professions and in accordance with the Virginia Board of Nursing.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or other recognized state by Compact Law or awaiting reciprocity.
3. Current CPR certification.
4. Knowledge and skill to perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice including the unusual and non-routine.
5. Must possess positive communication skills.
6. Proficient in basic computer skills. Additional experience & certifications may be required depending on the specialty of unit assigned.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.