| || ST. FRANCIS NURSING CARE CENTER|
Utilizes the nursing process and maintains current clinical knowledge in order to provide safe resident care consistent with standards, policies and procedures. Assesses each resident under his/her care, identifies needs, designs intervention, anticipates outcome, implements plan of care and evaluates results. Manages all resources at his/her disposal to maximize resident outcome. Maintains a holistic approach to resident care, recognizing physical, emotional, spiritual, and psycho-social needs of each resident. Recognizes the resident as a member of a family unit and exhibits an understanding of the dynamics of family interaction in the healing process and is aware of the utilization of self as a healing force. Performs all other duties as assigned. Restorative Nurse directs, supervises, coordinates, and implements the Restorative Care Program. Performs routine and ongoing staff education and inservices in the restorative care process. Assures that all documentation systems are being completed per requirements and directions. Monitors the proper implementation and effectiveness of the programs through routine quality assessment activities. All employees, if applicable, are expected to adhere to the BSHR Automobile Safety Program per policy.
1. Graduated from a LPN school of nursing.
2. Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical nurse with the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
3. Performs team leader activities with a high level of proficiency.
4. Documents and Participates in care plan process
5. Performs Nursing Care functions in a safe and effective manner.
6. Administers medications/treatments safely and effectively.
7. Establishes self as advocate for residents.
8. Practices effective risk management.
9. Provides age appropriate care
10. Completes education requirement
11. Respects Resident's Rights.