| || Manager, Equipment Sustainment Engineering |
| || Equipment Sustainment Engineering Group Manager |
| || 5115BR |
| || Aliso Viejo, California, USA |
| || INNOVATION STARTS WITH YOU|
Are you interested in working for an organization that is making a difference in people’s lives every day? We’re a high-growth company, customer-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit producing some of the most reliable and technologically advanced products supported by proven clinical data. Take a closer look at what MicroVention® TERUMO has to offer.
The Equipment Sustainment Engineering Group Manager is responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing materials and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and robotic equipment (including software programming). This position includes people management and budgetary/cost reporting. Typical responsibilities include:
- Lead the Site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, and procedures to improve operational performance.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule. Ensure a full preventative maintenance is carried out, generate a plan for missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability while managing dysfunctional machinery.
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements are completed on a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team by setting department objectives/ KPIs and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget, forecasts, and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Manage machine maintenance systems and equipment data storage while maintaining high levels of standards and accuracy.
- Travel to Costa Rica and other manufacturing facilities ~10-20% of time.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
| || |
- Must have six (6) or more years’ experience and one (1) or more years of directly-related experience managing technical direct reports
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven management experience.
- Completed an apprenticeship or extensive experience with a mechanical/electrical/electronic discipline.
- Proven technical capability and understanding.
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), lean manufacturing, and the like.
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain.
- Understanding of PM and calibration operations and systems
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning, and decision making.
- Excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Medical device industry experience
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree
MicroVention® TERUMO was founded in 1997, employs approximately 1700 worldwide, and had 20% revenue growth in 2015. Recognized as one of the “Top Workplaces” in Orange County, California two years in a row, and we have a thriving culture that is innovative, customer-focused, clinically driven, demonstrates a team spirit, and empowers its employees to challenge the status quo. “MicroVention® TERUMO. Innovation Starts with You.”
- The current work location for this position is Aliso Viejo, CA.
- Extended periods of computer usage, sitting or standing, and extended periods working in a cleanroom environment.
- Occasional heavy lifting (up to 35 lbs)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship.
- For more information, visit our web site at www.microvention.com