| || INNOVATION STARTS WITH YOU|
Are you interested in working for an organization that is making a difference in people’s lives every day? We’re a high-growth company, customer-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit producing some of the most reliable and technologically advanced products supported by proven clinical data. Take a closer look at what MicroVention® TERUMO has to offer.
The Production Lead (2nd – shift) coordinates production activities to ensure materials, documents and processes are compliant with the established company practices and procedures. Performs the work in leadership position under moderate supervision from line Supervisor. Assists the Supervisor in all aspects of operations. Typical job duties:
- Provide work direction to and monitor performance of all operators in department.
- Assist the Supervisor to address day to day production issues; including staffing needs, material availability, and equipment status.
- Assist the Supervisor with product flow and organization in the production line.
- Follow and enforce all related quality, compliance, and Company policies and procedures
- Maintain good understanding of department performance goals including: Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Safety.
- Identify and act on road blocks that may prevent production line from achieving these performance goals.
- Work closely with support staff such as Technicians, Manufacturing / Quality Engineers, Production Supervisor, Warehouse Clerks to resolve issues.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Give feedback and input on operators’ performance reviews.
- Responsible for learning and maintaining knowledge and skills to perform majority of the manufacturing processes successfully
- Maintain data integrity for Work Orders/ Build Records, Material, Training records etc.
- Maintain and update production metrics
- Address performance issues in the absence of a Supervisor
- Fill in at a production meeting in the absence of a Supervisor
- Use time and resources efficiently
- Maintain work area clean and organized
- Perform Assembler, Trainer, and Material Handler responsibilities as necessary
- Must be willing to work over time when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
| || Qualifications |
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 6 or more years of manufacturing experience, preferably in Medical Device Assembly
- Musts have General knowledge of clean room procedures.
- Some level of experience in leading teams is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to do small part assembly work using a microscope, vision system and or related automated equipment
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate (read, write and speak in English) with peers, engineers, leads, supervisors, and managers
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of basic measuring techniques including scales, rulers, US and metric measurement
- Proficiency in assembly procedures, with the ability to train others on the assembly procedures and inspect assemblers work.
- Basic computer and good Microsoft Word / Excel skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse work population
- Solid understanding of GMP/ISO, MicroVention Quality System
- Good understanding of ERP (Business system)
- Good personal organization skills
- The primary work location for this position is Tustin, CA, but this position will be relocating to a new facility in Aliso Viejo, CA in August/September 2017.
MicroVention® TERUMO as founded in 1997, employs approximately 1700 worldwide, and had 20% revenue growth in 2015. Recognized as one of the “Top Workplaces” in Orange County, California two years in a row, and we have a thriving culture that is innovative, customer-focused, clinically driven, demonstrates a team spirit, and empowers its employees to challenge the status quo. “MicroVention® TERUMO. Innovation Starts with You.”
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship.
- For more information, visit our web site at www.microvention.com