Pursuant to applicable laws, responsible for the administration of moderately severe litigated and non-litigated liability claims in assigned geographical area. Evaluate the exposure to the company associated with those claims and decide the appropriate course of action to best protect FedEx Freight from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provide guidance to outside defense counsel, internal customers and coworkers; and to support management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Manage and control the administration of bodily injury and property damage liability claims of moderate complexity and/or moderate exposure and subrogation/recovery claims for damages to FedEx Freight property and vehicles against responsible third parties in assigned jurisdictions.
2. Investigate, identify and evaluate coverage, liability and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management when required; and identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursuing recovery when appropriate.
3. Negotiate and resolve assigned claims and litigation consistent with applicable law and corporate policy with settlement authority up to $150,000 or with additional authority secured from liability claim and litigation advisor and/or management.
4. Responsible for oversight of select litigated claims; providing assistance to outside defense attorneys on assigned claims, execute legal documents; respond on behalf of the company to discovery requests; and conduct legal research, interpreting and applying findings to properly resolve claims.
5. Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
6. Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws, procedures, processes, and practice relevant to claims management in assigned jurisdictions and functions, responsibilities, policies, and procedures of organizations within the company.
7. Provide guidance and support to managers, employees, third party administrators, and other internal and external customers with respect to liability claims procedures, accident reporting, accident report deletion requests, claims handling, and data integrity issues in assigned jurisdictions.
8. Investigate, summarize and respond to inquiries and complaints received by leadership.
9. Serve as subject matter expert to managers in the area of minor property damage claims policy and procedures.
10. Provide project leadership and ensure successful implementation of special projects as assigned by management.
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years directly related work experience
• Three (3) years experience adjusting property damage and bodily injury liability claims and litigation of moderately serious exposure and complexity on a regional or national level involving:
o Administration and resolution of property damage and bodily injury claims with total incurred value per claim up to $150,000, including responsibility for reserving and payment accuracy
o Oversight, negotiation, and resolution of subrogation/recovery claims
• Experience in negotiation and resolution of litigated claims preferred.
• Strong knowledge of third party liability claims, contract, tort, damages, agency, subrogation, contribution/indemnity and other applicable related law, as well as related terminology, concepts and practices
• Successful completion of required training programs and all licenses as required
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance preferred
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• Moderate knowledge of medical terminology and procedure with successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems and statistical claims data
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to travel