| || Primary areas of responsibility include accounting and financial oversight for Physician Services division. Responsibilities includes month-end closing and monthly financial reporting processes, assistance with budgeting and financial forecasting, and ad hoc management reporting requirements; assist in developing and maintaining financial reporting structure and internal controls at the division level; train and develop staff members of the accounting team; liaison and accounting/reporting technical support for Corporate Accounting.|
- Manage and support accounting activities related to areas of responsibility, including monitoring emerging accounting literature, implementation of appropriate accounting treatments, ensuring proper controls around transactions, development of accounting policies and procedures, analysis, budgeting, reporting, audit activities, accounting for transactions on a monthly basis, account reconciliations, and execution of certain transactions.
- Assist in monthly review of operating results, AR reserves, physician compensation liability and preparation of financial and operating reports to Inova Sr. management.
- Responsible for all routine accounting functions, including account reconciliations, review of journal entries, variance analyses, and balance sheet reviews.
- Assist with all required activities associated with new acquisitions and joint ventures, including establish accounting and GL structure and processes, accounting treatment for start-up costs and linkage to corporate consolidation.
- Manage and develop professional staff supporting areas of responsibility, including annual review, training, career development, and goal setting.
- Perform special projects and other analyses in support of departmental operations.
- Coordinate closely with Inova’s corporate finance team and hospitals finance teams to ensure operating activities are properly reflected in financial transactions, reports, proposals, and budgets. Participate on inter-departmental teams for evaluating new programs and service providers, and for implementing new processes.