VACANCY: Retail Firearms Outfitter
Reports To: GSM
Location: Bristol, VA
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for Part-Time Firearms Sales Outfitters in our Firearms Department at our Bristol, VA retail store.
This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. Provide legendary customer service experience to every customer by greeting, consulting, and assisting them in finding merchandise and making buying decisions. This includes processing firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law. This position initiates all 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting the final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide a legendary customer service experience to every customer by assisting them in making purchasing decisions through the application of the SLAM process including greeting, identifying and evaluating the customer’s needs, and then making appropriate product recommendations based off this analysis. Delivery of the Firearms Experience process with customers and assisting the customer with a complete outfitting solution including identified attachments.
· Responsible for physically acquiring and disposing all firearms legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws and regulations and with Cabela’s policies. This includes completing ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and straw purchases.
· Responsible for assisting with the receipt of firearms in accordance with company policy and applicable regulations, proper and error free completion of all company forms, assistance with performing firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, and preparation of firearms for retail sale.
· Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming. Responsible for maintaining 5S standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties.
· Effectively communicate to customers the benefits of Cabela’s programs, including but not limited to CLUB membership, Kiosk, VOC, Outdoor Adventures, TAGS, and In-Store Pick-up.
· Other Duties as Assigned by Management
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 to 4+ Years’ Experience
· Strong attention to detail to assure 100% accuracy (required)
· Ability to evaluate and fulfill customers’ needs using good judgement and logic (required)
· Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer’s experience (required)
· Ability to understand, recall, and follow complex compliance regulations and to work with highly confidential information (required)
· Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to sell firearms in accordance with all Federal and State regulations (required)
· Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
· Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
· Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
· Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
· Must be able to place product on/off shelving.
· Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Pay Grade: 6N
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.