Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for salaried Full Time Firearms Manager at our Columbus, Ohio retail location.
Responsible for managing and providing leadership to all outfitters in the Gun Department to include new guns as well as the Gun Library or used firearms. The Firearms Department Manager oversees ATF/Firearms to ensure compliance as well as drive sales of new and used firearms to ensure store meets or exceeds projected sales. Provide training and support to outfitters/staff to ensure knowledge and excellent customer service.
Assures ATF Compliance and all internal policies regarding the selling and handling of Firearms are adhered to. Follows up to verify employees are trained and only authorized employees sell Firearms. Trains and coaches employees on a regular basis.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversee sales floor in order to promote and meet sales goals/objectives for firearms while maintaining compliance and also responsible for overseeing the safety handling of firearms. Oversee the purchase and trades of all used firearms
· Ensure ATF Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as compliance with Federal, State and local regulations. Ensuring compliance with all Firearms related paperwork (paper and electronic 4473, ATF F 3310.4).
· Appropriately staff, train, performance management and scheduling of all Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitters. Must supervise daily activities and set departmental direction to ensure results meet corporate inititavies (Customer Service, Goals, Sales & Compliance). Assue all firearms safety guidelines and regulations are trainied and followed at all times.
· Responsible for inventory control/ad review to ensure proper on-hand counts and in-stock position to meet the needs of customers.
· Responsible for setting and achieving monthly CLUB card referral goals to provide an added benefit to our customers
· Associates Degree or Apprenticeship
· 2 to 4+ years of working knowledge and compliance of the lawful sales of firearms, blackpowder and ammunition and explosives (required)
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
· Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
· Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
· Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
· Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
· Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
· Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.