Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Senior Operations Manager at our Sun Prairie, WI retail store.
The primary purpose of the Senior Operations position is to manage and oversee all operational aspects of the store's business in support of hardlines and softilines departmental sales. The primary role is to ensure all product enters the building accurately, is distributed throughout the building according to current need in a timely fashion, and is accurately processed out of the building all within the confines of the labor budget goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage store's payroll and ensure that weekly goal, according to P&L, is met but not exceeded. Forecast weekly labor percentage in LM (Labor Management) 4 weeks out. Determine sales goal based on EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) sales figures for last year. Monitor current week's labor usage in LM with Planned vs. Actual report and current sales in EDW. Use Forecast Payroll Tracking spreadsheet to determine daily, weekly, and monthly payroll percentages. Maintain management and administrative schedule to meet the needs of current and future business and ensure time off requests are entered and logged. Work with scheduling admin and LM to determine necessary management coverage. Manage controllable expenses and ensure that monthly budgets are not exceeded. Monitor and sign invoices.
- Through each department manager and sales coach, supervises daily activities of all sales support teams: customer service, shipping/receiving, maintenance, and food service. Troubleshoots and solves daily issues and problems. Ensure Deli is practicing safe food handling process in compliance with regulations and all policies and procedures. Ensure backroom productivity and find opportunity areas that will raise overall productivity. Monitor Retail Store Operations Metrics report, Backroom productivity report, and Retail Optimization report. Supervises maintenance and cleanliness of building and grounds.
- Ensure that specific departments and areas are Sarbox compliant. Ensure the store location is legally able to purchase and possess firearms and ensure compliance of the firearms sales department. Monitor Sarbox controls and ensure they are being met according to Cabela's Policy and Procedure. Perform monthly audits that could include Club Instant Issuance, Deli compliance, Inventory measures, Club access, etc.
- Assists with customer sales. Provides assistance to customers by locating and explaining merchandise, answering questions, and resolving common problems. Assists retail department managers with supervising daily activities of retail personnel by assigning work and checking work for accuracy. Responsible for driving the execution of gift card sales in store to support stores issuance goal.
- Purchasing and ordering of items that are necessary to proper business functioning. Request and supply supporting documentation to corporate for purchase orders.
- Communicates with managers and other divisions as needed regarding questions and concerns. Prepares reports and attends management and area meetings to ensure retail objectives are met. Prepares store for daily opening and closing and during working shift will have MOD duties up to 4 hours of shift.
- Completes performance appraisals. Assists with interviewing, selection, training, staffing, promotions, coaching, and discipline of employees as needed. Ensures all areas of responsibility are compliant with Human Resources initiatives and policy and procedures as it relates to Employee Relations.
- Associate’s Degree Apprenticeship
- 4-6+ years experience as a customer service manager, receiving manager or inventory manager.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.