Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Full-time HR Field Specialist at our Woodbury, MN retail store.
Serve as the initial resource for employees/managers on Human Resource items. Assist HR Manager/Site Manager in various aspects of the Human Resource office. To include but not limited to staffing/recruitment, safety, payroll, benefit enrollment, and employee engagement. Respond to scheduling/labor system questions. Gathers issues and assists in maintenance of all Human Resource functions and programs, and acts as a liaison when needed between store management team and Human Resource Manager/Corporate HR.
Essential Job Functions:
- In partnership and guidance by Human Resource Manager will initiate and conduct routine investigations, provide support to site management team regarding employee relations issues and performance coaching discussions. Partner with HR Manager/Site Manager on key policy/procedural issues as brought forward by outfitters-assist HR Manager and Site Manager with resolution of issues/concerns. Support site leadership regarding disciplinary actions and separations-partner with HR Manager prior to dismissals and issuance of work actions.
- Provide internal customer service to employees by maintaining effective day to day contact with employees and management to insure harmonies employee/company relationships. Insures that monthly town hall meetings and safety committee meetings are being conducted in cooperation with Site Manager and insures meeting minutes are completed and recorded. Meets with employees to answer questions on benefits and serves as an information resource on HR related items.
- Maintain human resource information systems. Keys in new hire information, address changes, department changes, supervisor changes, terminations and disciplinary actions. Upon partnership with HR Manager enter non-exempt salary changes and status changes. Monitors the employee appraisal process and notifies managers when reviews are due, monitors their progress in cooperation with site manager, reviews appraisals prior to delivery to insure reviews meet company standards and applicable labor laws. Insure annual increases are within company guidelines and enters non-exempt increases in to HRIS system.
- Support staffing and onboarding processes at site location. Posts and maintains all job openings using the applicant tracking system. Completes weekly staffing reports/updates for HR Manager and Site Manager. Monitors and tracks all recruitment efforts. Assist site management team with the coordination of interviews. Conducts drug testing and criminal background checks for new hires. Facilitates new hire orientation and other related compliance training as needed. Enters non-exempt new hire information in to HRIS system.
- Assist site location with labor scheduling and payroll functions. Ensures proper usage of applicable scheduling system and ensures the integrity of site data. Assist as needed with forecasting of labor needs and assist with publication of schedules. Help support the maintenance of outfitter availability and review availability patterns outside of guidelines with HR Manager. Assist site location with preparation of labor budgets, monitors overtime, maintains employee payroll system for accurate hours in Kronos. Runs missed punch reports and various other related labor/payroll reports available. Answers payroll related questions.
- Associate’s Degree or Apprenticeship
- 2 to 4 Year’s Experience
- Knowledge of general HR practices required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; demonstrates personal initiative and willingly assumes responsibility and ownership
- Customer focused behavior
- Exemplary standards of integrity and personal work ethic
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint software
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.