| || Department: Inventory/Receiving|
Reports To: Senior Operations Manager
Location: Charleston, WV
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for an Inventory Receiving Manager in the Warehouse Department at our Charleston, WV retail store.
This position is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Warehouse, Receiving, Replenishment, Inventory Accuracy, Planograms and Pricing Execution. This includes staffing, scheduling, training, monitoring efficiencies and execution of tasks. This position plays a key role in Retail Inventory Accuracy and for the execution of company inventory management strategy. Works with Inventory team to ensure that inventory balances are accurately recorded and inventory levels are properly maintained through scheduled cycle count processes for both the backroom and active sales floor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee and participates in all shipping, receiving and replenishment functions that affect the store inventory. This includes inbound DC shipments using scanner guns to unload and sort trucks; receiving vendor direct, UPS and Federal Express deliveries; stocking of product on the floor according to company standards; and back stocking of product not used on the floor in a neat and orderly manner.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports needed for the entire store for inventory, backroom, merchandising and pricing, along with In-store Use Forms, AP Theft Reports, trash to be adjusted, Holds, and Layaways to keep counts correct. Collect and review all Rack Verification forms to ensure counts are verified and perform any needed adjustments. Investigate any inaccuracies and possible root causes of such. Communicate with Operations Manager regarding feedback, issues, best practices and progress.
- Oversee and verify compliance with policies and procedures and any regulatory and operating requirements to include Internal Audit, Sarbanes Oxley, OSHA, Health dept., Weights and Measures, etc.
- Supervises and organizes annual inventory to keep the % to sales within company guidelines and correct store inventory levels in mass quantities. This includes training all Outfitters to ensure accurate count during physical inventory. Manage the Data Scan process during the physical inventory. Freeze locations, count, work variance reports and adjust accordingly.
- Oversee the store space planning process and the creation and implementation of floor plans and merchandise planograms. Ensures all planograms produced are accurate based on the information supplied. Ensures proper communication to the store management around map and planogram related information. Assists with coordination of seasonal rolls.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of price changes within store. This includes daily price changes as well as Ad signage prep.
- Responsible for Outfitter Development to include hiring, coaching, training, engagement and conducting performance reviews.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 4+ years previous retail experience required.
- Previous warehouse/receiving experience (required)
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and make decisions independently.
- Offering Legendary Customer Service involves this position having access to be able to run programs that access the customer’s unencrypted credit card, to be able to retrieve unencrypted cards for handling mail in returns, CLUB Visa Cards when customer is on site and left cards at home, research transactions for lost receipts, etc. With this said, this position requires the ability to access customer information including unencrypted credit cards.
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Pay Grade: 14E
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs