| || Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure!|
Cabela’s has an opening for a Retail Operations Support Specialist at our corporate office in Sidney, NE.
Participates in the creation of test plans, scripts, and communication to ensure all system and process requirements are tested and met. Responsible for completing assigned system and process testing activities required to ensure successful production installs in systems such as POS, WM, CRMS, Yantra, Kiosks, .com, and processes within the business. Reviews business and process documents, testing, and results to ensure accuracy and completeness. Participates in new store opening preparations at new store locations with regard to kiosk testing/set up, POS, CRMS, WM and mobile devices. Manages the retail systems access program to ensure retail access for all applications is standardized for all positions and grants the appropriate access required to perform respective responsibilities. Supports retail operations efforts through tracking and reporting of metrics including retail licenses, discounts, paid out, audits, and others as assigned by manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- The systems specialist will review written requirements from the business unit in order to ensure an accurate understanding of those requirements for testing purposes. This position will create test plans and scripts in order to ensure all business requirements are tested and met. This position is responsible for executing business testing on systems and processes as identified by the business while identifying, troubleshooting, documenting, and reporting test results to the business unit and project teams. This position is responsible for the communication of testing results, installs, and any system changes including upgrades and down times. Accountable for ensuring that Outfitters and Management are aware of the retention of learned principles. Mentors and coaches learned principles on the spot and as need be. Conduct gap analysis to assess outfitter competency and ideal state for competency of our trained materials.
- Also handles the Cabela’s Learning Management System (LMS) administration, assignment, and completion.
- The systems specialist is responsible for new store opening support and preparation through testing of kiosks, POS, CRMS, WM, mobile devices, and other retail systems. Responsible for orientation of new Outfitters to the store or to a new department within the store. Is accountable for orientation training that occurs between HR onboarding (paperwork, Traditions HR orientation) and on-the-job training that is conducted by the new Outfitter’s department.
- The systems specialist manages the retail systems access program to ensure retail access for all applications is standardized for all positions and grants the appropriate access required to perform respective responsibilities. Responsible for all training equipment and resources within the store.
- The systems specialist will support retail operational efforts by creating and delivering analytics of various metrics. This position will track, report, and analyze various retail operation metrics such as the front end scorecard, retail licenses, paid outs, discounts, retail audits, and others as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 4+ Years experience
- Extensive experience using Cabela’s systems (JDA POS, AS400, CRMS, WM, Yantra), applications, and business processes. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio). Strong knowledge and understanding of Cabela’s retail business processes and practices is required. Prior experience as a user tester, as a testing business analyst with other multi-channel selling organizations, or with automated testing is preferred.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Cabela’s business and systems
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Self-starter who enjoys working independently, but has excellent interpersonal skills when working with others
- Practical business experience as a user and understanding of Cabela’s Core Values
- Flexible working hours, as some responsibilities may be done after normal business hours
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time well
- Adapts to change in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.