| || |
Become a part of The World's Foremost Outfitter team. At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream...Work the Adventure!
Cabela’s has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer 2 or 3 in our IT Ops-Data Center department. This position can be located at our following locations: corporate office in Sidney, Nebraska or Omaha, NE(Scott Technology Center).
The future incumbent's offer of position level will be based on the candidates experience and work responsibility.
It’s In Our Nature!
Responsible for the planning, engineering and architecture of organizational systems infrastructure. Tasks include the design and implementation of hardware and software and monitoring the performance of systems. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Utilizes experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Responsible for assessing, designing, and implementing virtual platforms, networks and security architectures leveraging VMware technologies including NSX, vCloud Suite, and Horizon View environments. You will also enable us to understand and improve our VMware-based network and network security posture as member of a quickly evolving, highly collaborative team.
- Install, configure and support VMware Horizon View VDI and vSphere suite of products on various converged hardware platforms
- Application delivery concepts and application packaging technologies such as: ThinApp and App Volumes
- User profiles and management in roaming scenarios such as VMware Persona profile management, Windows roaming profiles. Or VMware User Environment Manager
- Familiarity with Cloud Pod Architecture
- Experience with VMware Workspace ONE desired
- Strong Active Directory and Windows desktop experience
- Administers a complex site alone or assists in the administration of a larger site.
- Initiates new responsibilities and helps to plan the overall future design.
- Performs system audits to ensure policy and regulatory compliance.
- Mentors and trains System Engineers.
- Deploy, configure and support Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems
- Participate in the evaluation, deployment and management of new technologies in alignment with engineering and architecture team guidance
- Participation in on-call rotation
- Create and maintain documentation: Logical/physical diagrams, discovery documents, QA documents, status reports, after action reports
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and commitment to optimizing systems and processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 to 6+ Years experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel required
- Experience with virtualization, cloud computing, automation and storage platforms (VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, EMC)
- Experience configuring and supporting x86 server systems (Cisco UCS, Dell, HP)
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving and process management skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere, Horizon View, and NSX with a strong understanding of virtualization and cloud computing technologies and concepts.
- Solid understanding of essential TCP/IP protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, NTP, and understanding of wider set protocols
- Firm understanding of fundamental hardware concepts: disk, memory, CPU, NIC, HBA, firmware, RAID, performance concepts (I/O, paging, swapping, system calls), iSCSI, Fiber Channel, Ethernet, firmware
- Industry certifications highly desired (i.e. VMware VCP-DCV and VCP-DT)
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.