| || £32,974 to £43,471 per annum; Agenda for Change Band 7|
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a national health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
The function of the NES Digital Service Group is to deliver one of the key objectives of the Scottish Government’s recent Digital Health and Care Strategy. The Strategy called for a Scottish ‘national digital platform’ through which relevant real-time data and information from health and care records will be made available to those who need it, when they need it, and wherever they are, in a secure and safe way. We are currently seeking to recruit a number of postholders to join the NES Digital Service Group.
What You Will Do
The postholder will contribute to delivering valuable solutions to complex problems across health and social care. Products and web services they develop must meet the team's standards of security, reliability, scalability and cost efficiency.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Development, maintenance and operation of products and their constituent services
- Iterative delivery of value to stakeholders, learning with each step
- Participating in team planning
What You Will Bring
This will include but is not restricted to:
- Experience delivering and operating software solutions in a complex environment.
- Experience with version control (e.g. git), continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with cloud technologies e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP; and designing, building, deploying and operating systems in the cloud
- Experience in Agile methodologies and continuous improvement of development processes
- Experience in unit testing and test driven development
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the
Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service. A copy of the full Job Description is available here.
For an informal discussion regarding these vacancies, please contact:
Alistair Hann, Chief Technology Officer, Alistair.Hann@nes.scot.nhs.uk
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Applications must be made online via our website.
CVs will not be accepted.