| || |
Agenda for Change Band 4 - £20, 911 to £23, 597 per annum
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. The Medical Directorate is responsible to the NES Board and through the Board to Scottish Government for the commissioning and delivery of postgraduate medical education in Scotland.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an Admin Officer to provide comprehensive and effective technical and administrative support for the postgraduate training, assessment and workforce planning and recruitment of trainee doctors. You will use the trainee information systems to ensure accurate and timeous records and reports are produced and maintained, and support colleagues and external staff with training delivery, preparing reports and answering information queries.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
What You Will Bring
- Support and maintain appropriate and effective office management systems to ensure a smooth flow of information within the department.
- Deal with non-routine enquiries received by the department, sending out all the relevant documents/other information as requested, providing direct support for all enquiries.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks applicable to their department/directorate and be able to provide cover for other team members as and when required.
- To organise and co-ordinate and provide support for meetings/ training events/project or steering group meetings for the team.
This will include but is not restricted to:
- Educated to HNC level in a business administrative discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Comfortable working on own initiative and a part of a team
- Advanced keyboard skills and experience of Microsoft packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Linda.Crawford@nes.scot.nhs.uk
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Applications must be made on line via our website. CVs will not be accepted