| || |
Part time, 2PAs per week
Fixed term opportunity for three years in the first instance
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility for developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
This role is a senior leadership opportunity which carries responsibility for developing, leading and delivering the operational aspects of foundation training on behalf of the Scottish Foundation School. FSD helps set the operational direction of the school around the areas of recruitment, induction, eportfolio and assessment. The FSD is supported by a Foundation School Manager and Administrator. FSD will work with the Chair, Foundation Training Board and Lead Postgraduate Dean to set the strategic direction of the Scottish Foundation School. Additionally, the FSD engages with other UK FSDs and the UK Foundation Programme Office (UKFPO).
The work will include:
· Contribute to and ensure a transparent, fair recruitment process in collaboration with UKFPO
· Work collaboratively with medical schools, Foundation Training Board and Health Board DMEs to ensure a supportive, high quality foundation training programme within Scotland.
· Lead on operational aspects for the Scottish Foundation School to ensure equity of opportunities and consistency of processes for trainees within the four regions of the Scotland Deanery
· Ensuring compliance with Scotland Deanery training programme management and quality management policies.
· Providing data and reports as required for NES and UKFPO
Applications are invited from consultants or General Practitioners who have experience in the delivery and assessment of postgraduate medical education and in particular in relation to foundation training as itemised in the job description and person specification.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Prof Clare McKenzie (PA firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Duncan Henderson (Duncan.Henderson@nes.scot.nhs.uk).
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Applications must be made on line via our website. CVs will not be accepted