| || |
Agenda for Change Band 3; £18, 292 to £21, 349 per annum
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term/Secondment Opportunity for 23 months
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. The Medical Directorate is responsible for the commissioning and delivery of postgraduate medical education in Scotland.
What You Will Do
To provide robust administrative support to the CPD Connect team across Scotland who are responsible for the delivery of continuing professional development (CPD) for GPs, General Practice Nurses and general practice staff. This postholder will specifically provide administration support to General Practice Nursing CPD courses, educational activities and resources.
The postholder will work as part of a wider team of administrative staff to ensure an integrated and cohesive administrative support to all CPD Connect activities.
Key tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Provide effective administration support to the Specialist Educator for General Practice Nursing, CPD Manager and General Practice Nursing Adviser team.
- Sort information from a range of sources and record data accurately, analysing results and producing reports and statistics, often on an Excel spreadsheet.
- Support the planning and organisation of events, such as meetings, training events, conferences, interviews. This can include booking venues, liaising with participants, and arranging catering and accommodation as required. This also includes the use of online booking system Portal, Turas Learn and evaluation system Questback.
- Deal professionally with a range of enquiries from managers, staff and external customers to the department/directorate about the educational resources and training provided.
- Provide keyboard skills and/or support including diary management, dealing with mail, taking minutes and providing support on day to day matters as required.
What You Will Bring
Your skills and experience should include:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent
- Relevant general office administrative experience
- High Level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- IT Literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Anna Alexander, CPD Manager at Anna.Alexander@NES.scot.nhs.uk
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Applications must be made on line via our website. CVs will not be accepted