| || Agenda for Change Band 2; £16,532 to £18,903 per annum pro rata |
Part Time; 18.75 hours per week (Wed pm, Thur & Fri)
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. The Property and Facilities Management (PFM) team are responsible for the provision of specialist property and facilities management support services across the NHS Education for Scotland property portfolio, encompassing office and training accommodation at 10 sites across the main cities in Scotland.
What You Will Do
We require a Facilities Assistant to join our team in providing facilities support services to all our NES staff and visitors at our 2 Central Quay office. The post holder, working as part of a team, will provide office support services to the required service level standard which include the following work streams: Reception, Mail Services, Meeting Room Booking Administration, Meeting Room Set-Up (including catering requests and clearing rooms) Travel Bookings, Stationery, Reprographics, Waste Management and dealing with general enquiries.
Key Tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Meeting Room Booking Administration and Meeting Room Set-Up – using the room booking system, administer room booking requests and ensure rooms are set up/cleared accordingly to meet user requirements. Arrange/set up catering requirements.
- Travel Bookings – administer travel and accommodation as required by liaising with travel agency providers and staff ensuring requests are dealt with accurately and efficiently.
- Stationery – maintain stock levels of office consumables ensuring adequate supplies at central/distributed points at all times.
- Reception – full reception service including handling telephone/visitor enquiries, meet/greet visitors in a professional manner and directing appropriately, booking taxis and mail distribution services.
- Office Security – follow safety and security policies and procedures. Retain records of access card issue/returns, ensuring accurate records are kept up to date. Issue as required staff identity badges.
What You Will Bring
We are looking for highly motivated and committed individuals who will share our vision of providing a first-class customer service to our colleagues and visitors.
Key skills/experience include but are not restricted to:
There will be an occasional requirement to travel to our Edinburgh office (you will be compensated for additional time/expenses).
- Knowledge/experience of office procedures in a customer service focussed working environment, preferably with facilities experience.
- Effective communication skills including face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to organise own workload and time and be able to prioritise tasks in a busy environment.
- IT skills to RSA2 or equivalent level (Office365 or minimum MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Physical aspects of the role are required for room set ups and clearing rooms after events.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Please be aware that the NES online application system will not be available on Saturday 20 January 2018 due to essential system maintenance it will not be possible to work on your application in the live system, or to submit your application form, on this date.