| || Agenda for Change Band 7; £32,013 to £42,205 per annum|
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What you'll do
As the lead professional in this specialist area, the post holder will lead and manage a busy design team of five digital designers. They will analyse current and emerging business requirements to ensure that the team have the skills, training and processes to meet demand. They will also be expected to represent NES in national steering and professional development groups around design issues. They will be expected to build partnerships with counterparts in stakeholder organisations to share best practice.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Line management of the in-house design team.
- Working autonomously to estimate resources required to deliver client briefs, planning of delivery and allocation work to the design team.
- Designing resources including high-profile corporate materials.
- Maintaining financial records for use in cross-departmental re-charging.
- Deputising for the Head of Communications as required, covering PR and events staff as well as the design team
- Recruiting staff and ensuring appropriate levels of capacity are maintained to deliver the work scheduled.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Educated to Degree Level or Equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant subject, masters or equivalent experience.
- Experience of managing/supervising staff and teams over a range of functions and the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve corporate objectives.
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of business/management processes and systems.
- Experience in creative project management including workflow planning
- Significant experience of designing resources.
- Advanced level of graphic design skills, including image creation and manipulation, page layout, knowledge of colour theory, visual hierarchy and use of typography.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Applications including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Please be aware that the NES online application system will not be available on Saturday 20 January 2018 due to essential system maintenance it will not be possible to work on your application in the live system, or to submit your application form, on this date.