| || Medical Directorate |
Agenda for Change Band 3; £17, 760 to £20, 727 per annum
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Post 1 - Strategic Planning Directorate Support (SPDS)
Post 2 – Pharmacy
(Please indicate in your personal statement if you wish to be considered for both posts or one particular post)
The main purpose of these posts is to provide full and effective administrative and secretarial support to the NES Medical Directorate to fulfil its functions to a high quality standard.
SPDS post holder will:
Provide effective and efficient administrative and secretarial support to 5 Associate Postgraduate Deans, Associate Director Medical, 2 General Managers and Lead Business Partner in the Medical Directorate. This will involve extensive use of IT and communication systems.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
Pharmacy post holder will:
- Provide diary management, dealing with mail, taking minutes and providing support on day to day matters as required.
- Support the planning and organisation of events, such as meetings, training events, conferences and interviews. This can include booking venues, liaising with participants and arranging catering, travel and accommodation as required.
- Preparing distribution of papers for meetings. Typing of correspondence, reports and associated documents using audio as and when required.
- Deal professionally with a range of enquiries from doctors, managers, staff and external organisations to the department.
- Updating the NES and Deanery websites using Umbraco.
Provide full and effective administrative support to the NES Pharmacy Team. In addition, the post holder will be required to provide coordination, management and reporting mechanisms for direct and distance learning course databases, and in particular, support for including independent prescribing, clinical skills and GP practice pharmacist work.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Postgraduate Pharmacy Dean, 2 Associate Postgraduate Pharmacy Deans, Principal Leads and other Pharmacy Team members. This will involve extensive use of IT and communications systems.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of papers for meetings; organisation of events; maintenance of national databases; distribution of distance learning materials and direct learning course materials.
- Deal with frequent telephone and email enquiries from the pharmacy profession nationally with regard to direct and distance learning provision, assessment processes and CPD records for professional registration purposes.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Please be aware that the NES online application system will not be available on Saturday 20 January 2018 due to essential system maintenance - it will not be possible to work on your application in the live system, or to submit your application form, on this date.