| || |
Band 2; £16,532 to £18,903 pa
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. This post sits within the Medical Directorate but has a direct link to the Property and Facilities Management (PFM) team who are responsible for the provision of specialist property and facilities management support services across the NHS Education for Scotland property portfolio, encompassing office and training accommodation at 10 sites across the main cities in Scotland.
What You Will Do
We require Administration Support to join our team in providing facilities support services to all our NES staff and visitors at our Forest Grove House office. The post holder will provide office support services to the required service level standard which include the following work streams: Reception, Mail Services, Meeting Room Booking Administration, Meeting Room Set-Up (including catering requests and clearing rooms), Travel Bookings, Stationery, Reprographics, Waste Management and dealing with general enquiries.
Key Tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Meeting Room Booking Administration and Meeting Room Set-Up – using the room booking system, administer room booking requests and ensure rooms are set up/cleared accordingly to meet user requirements. Arrange/set up catering requirements.
- Travel Bookings – administer travel and accommodation as required by liaising with travel agency providers and staff ensuring requests are dealt with accurately and efficiently.
- Stationery – maintain stock levels of office consumables ensuring adequate supplies at central/distributed points at all times.
- Reception – full reception service including handling telephone/visitor enquiries, meet/greet visitors in a professional manner and directing appropriately, booking taxis and mail distribution services.
- Office Security – follow safety and security policies and procedures. Retain records of access card issue/returns, ensuring accurate records are kept up to date. Issue as required staff identity badges.
What You Will Bring
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual who will share our vision of providing a first-class customer service to our colleagues and visitors.
Key skills/experience will include but are not restricted to:
There will be an occasional requirement to travel (you will be compensated for additional time/expenses).
- Knowledge/experience of office procedures in a customer service focussed working environment, preferably with facilities experience.
- Effective communication skills including face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to organise own workload, prioritise tasks in a busy environment and manage own time.
- IT skills to RSA2 or equivalent level (Office365/minimum MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Physical aspects of the role are required for room set ups and clearing rooms after events.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Please be aware that the NES online application system will not be available on Saturday 21 October 2017.