| || Agenda for Change Band 5 - £22,440 to £29, 034 per annum|
Full Time – 37.5 Hours per week
1 x Fixed Term/Secondment Opportunity up to end June 2018
1 x Fixed Term/Secondment Opportunity up to end March 2018
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
Full information on the recruiting department is available here.
What You Will Do
As part of the HR Operations team, and reporting directly to the Business Partner - HR, the successful postholder(s) will deliver a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of recruitment and selection activities. One post will have an immediate focus on recruitment to Dental training posts, however the postholder will also cover GP (Medical) and Pharmacy trainee recruitment activities, which operate at both a Scotland, and UK-wide level. The second post supports recruitment to vacancies within NHS Education for Scotland, and also includes onboarding, issuing contracts, and coordinating appointments to secondment opportunities and agency assignments. As well as supervising the work activities of the Admin Assistants - HR, both posts have full line management responsibility.
Key task will include but are not restricted to:
- To run recruitment and selection campaigns throughout Scotland, ensuring they are dealt with timeously and in accordance with agreed procedures
- Organise and attend Selection Centres, often over several days and assessing a high volume of candidates. Ensure these are held in appropriate venues, in line with cost considerations and NES policy
- Offer advice and support regarding recruitment procedures and good practice in recruitment and selection, including maintaining a good understanding of current legislation. Monitor and review recruitment processes through the review of recruitment exercises and to make recommendations for improvement
- Respond to requests for information, ensuring these requests are dealt with appropriately and that information is accurate and well presented. Provide statistical information and reports as required
- Develop information systems, working closely with NES Digital to enable efficient delivery of online recruitment and selection facilities
What You Will Bring
This will include but is not restricted to:
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in high volume recruitment processes
- Experience of communicating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of report writing, data analysis and interpreting statistics
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Prioritisation and adjustment of work plans
- Team player
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Please be aware that the NES online application system will not be available on Saturday 19 August 2017 due to essential system maintenance - it will not be possible to work on your application in the live system, or to submit your application form, on this date.