| || A4C Band 3: £17, 760 to £20, 727 per annum (pro rata)|
Part Time: 22.5 hours per week (0.6 WTE)
Fixed Term/Secondment Opportunity to June 2018
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is a national special health board which provides education, training and workforce development for those who work in and with NHSScotland. Working in partnership with our stakeholders in health and social care, we aim to provide education that enables excellence in health and care for the people of Scotland. Information on the recruiting department is available here.
What You'll Do
An opportunity has arisen within NES Workforce Directorate for an HR Assistant working in the HR Operations team. The role is particularly focused on supporting recruitment and selection activities for NES recruitment, including specialist recruitment campaigns. As part of a team, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to recruitment campaigns, ensuring that agreed deadlines are met and contributing to process improvements.
Key Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Working to best practice, administering the recruitment and selection process to a high standard in accordance with policy and procedure and agreed deadlines.
- Acting as the first point of contact within the recruitment team. Regularly communicating with internal and external stakeholders by telephone and email and seeking advice from the Senior HR Officer/HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Creating and updating electronic information including within the online vacancy management system and tracking spreadsheets.
- Placing adverts for current job opportunities on internal and external websites and communicating to all staff via regular vacancy bulletins.
- Administering the shortlisting and interview process including issuing documentation to panel members and inviting candidates for interview.
What You'll Bring
This will include but is not limited to:
The working pattern will be agreed with the successful applicant. Please note that there may be an occasional requirement to travel to Glasgow.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3/HNC or equivalent administration experience gained within an office environment
- Experience of prioritising own workload and working to deadlines while maintaining good attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of a range of office procedures and IT packages
- Understanding of discretion and confidentiality in the workplace
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a positive customer service attitude
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Please be aware that the NES online application system will not be available on Saturday 19 August 2017 due to essential system maintenance - it will not be possible to work on your application in the live system, or to submit your application form, on this date.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.