| || 231668BR |
| || Alcon Eye Care Specialist - Springfield IL |
| || ALCON |
| || COMMERCIAL NA AL |
| || USA |
| || Springfield, IL |
| || Novartis Pharmaceuticals |
| || Sales |
| || Ophthalmics/Ophthalmology |
| || Full Time |
| || Regular |
| || The Springfield IL territory includes; Springfield, Peoria, Bloomington, Quincy Champaign, Central IL, not St Louis and not "Quad Cities"
•Builds and executes business plans to meet sales goals for assigned territory.
•Drives territory sales performance, market share, and optimal resource utilization.
•Develop effective professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results across a range of therapeutic areas.
•Differentiates Alcon as a leader in therapeutic areas targeted.
•Executes business plans and drives achievement of sales targets for assigned territory, customers, or therapeutic area.
•Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships).
•Executes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities; calls on the right person to deliver the right message with the right frequency.
•Adapts and optimizes approach and communications style during sales calls, responding appropriately to customer needs.
•Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls.
•Ensure that Alcon products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
•Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; runs direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
•Uses expert knowledge of Alcon products and of a range of therapy areas to build professional customer relationships and to support sound clinical discussions. Uses detailed knowledge of competitor products’ features and benefits during sales calls to improve sales of Alcon products.
•Allocates resources effectively for sampling, programs and events, etc.
•Works effectively with other Alcon and Novartis stakeholders and with resources in Sales and across other functions (e.g., KAM, Marketing, etc.) to achieve sales targets.
•Provides Alcon stakeholders and other colleagues with insight and feedback gained from customer interactions.
•Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and all company policies and ensures those around him/her do the same.
| || The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. |
| || •Bachelor's degree
• 2 years of experience in B2B sales or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales
• Proven track record of consistent high performance
• Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
• Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes. Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
• Experience in the promotion of vision care pharmaceuticals / biotech products
• Understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking
• Product launch experience
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment
• Demonstrated ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer capabilities
• Ability to influence without formal authority in a matrix environment