| || 215654BR |
| || Scientist/Scientific Associate, Protein Sciences |
| || NIBR |
| || CBT - NIBR |
| || China |
| || Shanghai |
| || China Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research Co., Ltd |
| || Research & Development |
| || Full Time |
| || Regular |
| || You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV. |
| || We are seeking a highly motivated research investigator in protein sciences to join No-vartis. You will make significant impact on drug discovery projects in early exploratory phase and in discovery pipeline. You will play key roles in target validation, MoA study, and hit validation.
As a member of the Protein Sciences and Structure Biology group, you will work in a dynamic and innovative environment. Your personal growth and career development will contribute to the success of our team. Your major accountabilities include:
• Investigating therapeutic targets by designing and performing protein expres-sion, purification and characterization.
• Providing high quality protein reagents, trouble-shooting and optimizing protein activity, purity and homogeneity for assay development and biostructure studies using various biophysical and biochemical tools.
• Characterizing protein-protein interaction and protein-ligand interaction to vali-date target engagement.
• Developing novel techniques and solutions to challenging scientific questions
| || Education: Master with 3+ years of experience in protein sciences.
Languages:Business-level oral and written English
1. Hand-on experiences on recombinant protein construct design and expression. Expertise in multiple insect cell and mammalian expression system.
2. Proficient in different protein purification techniques such as affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, gel filtration purification and refolding. Experience on protein-protein or protein-nucleic acid complex is a plus.
3. Knowledgeable and skillful in protein characterization and protein-ligand interaction using various biophysical methods. Hand-on experience on SPR is a must. Motivated to expand your skill sets including DSF, SEC-MALS, ITC, MST, AUC, LC/MSMS, etc.
4. Background in protein crystallography, bio-NMR or cryo-EM is preferred.
5. Demonstrated critical thinking and trouble-shooting ability when handling challenging proteins such as aggregated protein, multicomponent complex, or membrane protein.
6. Passionate about biomedical research and drug discovery. A team worker with excellent communication skills.