| || Risk Manager |
| || 182162 |
| || Mattel-El Segundo |
| || 90245 |
| || Accounting/Finance/Strategic Planning |
| || |
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow, with play experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5B, a workforce in 40 countries, and products sold in over 150 nations, Mattel is a Fortune 500, multinational design, marketing and manufacturing powerhouse.
| || WHO WE ARE|
Mattel is looking for an accomplished Risk Management & Insurance professional with global leadership experience at a fortune 500 company with diverse consumer products, retail and entertainment experience. This position is based at Mattel’s corporate headquarters in El Segundo, CA and reports to the SVP Treasury.
- Risk Management & Insurance: develop & execute Global Risk Management strategy. Direct annual multi-million-dollar insurance budget, renewals, underwriting & negotiation process for worldwide insurance coverages. Programs included Global Property, Casualty, Directors & Officers, Fiduciary, Media, Cyber, Production/Entertainment, Crime, Marine, Bonds, and other specialty coverages.
- Renewal of Broker and Vendor agreements: negotiate worldwide insurance broker, vendor and consulting agreements.
- Captive Management: Possess knowledge of insurance captive. Provide strategic direction for large self-insured programs. Operational responsibility for all captive activities including premium allocations, claims process, accounting, collateral, reserving, underwriting, annual meetings, audit & compliance. Manage multi-million-dollar portfolio of open reserves & IBNR.
- Claims: management of all large Property, Casualty, Workers Compensation & Financial claims with insurers. Interface with inside & outside counsel, insurance brokers, third party claims administrators, & other parties to manage settlement value & align settlement process. Specific emphasis on managing claims within captive to manage self-insured reserves and IBNR.
- Insurance & Indemnity contract review: manage internal contractual review for contracts including licensing, real estate, vendors, logistics & special events. Maintain and enhance global licensing risk framework for insurance limit recommendations.
- Budget & Allocation process: establish annual global insurance budget and development of business unit allocations. Manage all financial & accounting activity related to insurance.
- Production & Entertainment: direct production & entertainment insurance program to manage risk associated with in house commercial development of animated short features and feature length films.
| || Experience, Education & Skills |
- Exceptional executive presence and ability to communicate clearly and effectively to senior leadership.
- Proven facilitation skills with experience designing and delivering leadership development programs.
- Strong influencing skills with a track record for building relationships. Experience delivering results in a highly entrepreneurial team.
- Strong analytic capability and business acumen. Ability to summarize and present complicated information to a non-technical audience.
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- A team builder, formulating & executing risk management strategy, negotiation, developing innovative solutions, managing TCOR, captive management, and claims settlement.
- BA degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience with Property, Casualty, Directors & Officers, Media, Cyber, Production/Entertainment & Credit coverages. Ability to effectively communicate internally & externally, gain alignment by fostering collaboration with diverse groups of constituents to advance projects.
- Engaged presenter with commensurate verbal & written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic leader who proactively manages relationships & will foster growth among team members.
- At least 5 years of experience in Global Fortune 500 Risk Management environment.
| || ABOUT US|
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price® and Thomas & Friends®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential. Visit us online at www.mattel.com. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelcareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity