For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Environmental Health & Safety Supervisor - Buffalo, NY
This is an exempt level position
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a safety professional to manage the health & safety, food safety, and environmental compliance within the at the Buffalo, NY flour milling and grain elevator facilities. Successful candidate will possess a high level of authority in regards to training and guiding employees based on safety needs. This crucial position allows the successful candidate to gain exposure working in both an office environment, as well as industrial. In addition, this position offers the opportunity to supervise various committees, including audit and incident investigation, emergency planning, risk assessment, program development, implementation, and training of rules and procedures.
· Supervise the implementation of ADM’s policies and procedures
· Develop and present training for new hires, contractors, and location colleagues as required
· Direct colleague interaction
· Develop, update, and maintain safety, food safety, and environmental compliance programs
· Develop, analyze and submit of reports
· Calibrate and repair safety equipment
· Purchase and maintain inventory of safety, food safety, and environmental supplies
· Environmental responsibilities including maintaining reports and verifying compliance
· Supervise employees, contractors and visitors by spending a significant amount of time in the plant ensuring all programs and procedures are adequate and being followed
· Develop and maintain proper document retention
· Sustain and improve current behavior based safety programs and policies
· Maintain required paperwork such as OSHA 300 logs in compliance with federal law
· Lead and participate in all incident investigations
· Conduct internal facility audits and facility self-assessments
· Develop and track corrective actions for audit findings
· Lead and participate in on-site safety committee
· Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
· Knowledge of machines throughout facility, including computer and safety equipment
· Work with QA department as needed
· College degree relating to safety and/or environmental preferred
· Prefer experience in human safety, food safety, environmental/regulatory compliance
· Must be self-motivated
· Must possess excellent leadership, team building, problem solving, and organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication required
· Experience in a food processing plant is strongly preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· This position requires walking or standing for extended periods and working in environments at varying temperatures. This position requires an individual that is available to come to work during off-hours to address emergency conditions or other situations that may arise.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.