For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Maintenance Superintendent – Decatur, IL
Decatur BioProducts Plant
This is an exempt level position.
The Maintenance Superintendent is the leader of the BioProducts Maintenance Team reporting to the Manager of Utilities, Maintenance and Business. This position is responsible for developing and providing the direction required to safely/cost effectively protect and enhance the performance of all plant equipment assets.
Essential Job Functions:
· Manage/mentor a minimum of (5) exempt and (2) non-exempt salaried colleagues using the ADM Performance Management Process.
· Provide active leadership to a minimum of (60) hourly colleagues.
· Actively participate in plant safety initiatives and hold all BioProducts’ colleagues accountable for following safe work practices.
· Continue the growth and development of a proactive maintenance vision for the plant focusing on the exploitation of predictive/preventive maintenance practices.
· Develop/manage the Maintenance Action Plan.
· Play a key role in helping the plant move towards managed MRO inventories and a central procurement model.
· Identify and pursue opportunities for cost reduction.
· Actively participate as a member of the Corn Division Maintenance Cell Group.
· Develop and manage the KPI’s essential for monitoring/driving maintenance improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a background in maintenance management and meet or exceed the following requirements.
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience. An MBA would be a plus.
· Exhibit strong safety focus with an emphasis on practical application of training/skills.
· Evidence of progressive leadership assignments/experience in an industrial maintenance setting.
· Practical experience interacting with a CMMS, preferably Maximo.
· Practical experience developing/applying preventive/predictive maintenance tools.
· Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft applications.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Capable of working in teams to reach safe/cost effective solutions.
· Good attention to detail and results oriented.
· Good decision making skills.
· Ability to climb stairs, do some lifting, sit and stand for long periods of time, work at heights, bend, kneel and hold respirator qualifications.
· Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including hot and cold, indoors and outdoors.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, pre-employment physical and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiter – Tracy Mosser
Hiring Manager – Scott Tavarczky