| || Unit Operations Manager for a Bisphenol A Plant on a polycarbonate manufacturing site.|
Major responsibilities include:
The site is located in Burkville, AL, just outside of Montgomery, AL.
- Interacts with the business and site in setting the direction and delivering results for the operating unit including operating parameters and high-level production targets and Business Rules.
- Responsible for identifying, communicating, and executing operating unit goals and technology plans with respect to health, safety, and environmental concerns, unit operations, and technical opportunities.
- Owns the Unit Technology Plan.
- Responsible for unit expense and P&E cost planning and execution to cost and TCO targets.
- Responsible for efficient maintenance activities and execution that deliver asset performance and optimal cost.
- Responsible for regular communications across the unit to keep teams apprised of information, KPI’s announcements, etc.
- Demonstrates Commitment Model leadership by assigning people appropriate decision rights.
- Makes sound and timely business decisions based upon Business Technology and Unit Technology Plans.
- Develops and drives implementation of capital projects that support and advance Business and Unit improvement initiatives.
- Manages personal development and the development of direct reports.
- Sets expectations and coaches to ensure that they are understood and accomplished.
- Development of training plan for the technician team
- Implementation and completion of training of individual technicians
- Development and maintenance of Operation Processes and Procedures that support the business process and plans.
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.