| || Job Purpose & Responsibilities:|
SABIC is looking for a high energy, technically creative subject matter expert in Process development who is seeking the opportunity to use his/her engineering competencies and project leadership skills to solve cutting edge R&D problems with large business impact and translate these to commercial applications. The focus of this position is the development and scale-up of novel chemical processes in the field of commodity chemicals from lab to pilot/demo plant and deliver a conceptual engineering package for commercial scale application.
The ideal candidate is passionate about applying creative engineering solutions at all scales of process and materials development from the lab through pilot scales to the commercial scale. This role needs an individual with deep expertise in process modeling and simulation on industrial platforms (ASPEN PLUS), process flowsheet development, comparative process economics, thermodynamics and physical property data generation, reaction engineering especially experience with reactor model development and reaction network based kinetic modeling, computation fluid dynamics based reactor design (preferred) and the ability to work seamlessly across multiple research centers and business units around the globe. Empowered to initiate and lead new R&D programs in alignment with SABIC strategy.
• Candidate should have a strong background in industrial processes for synthesis of C1-C4 commodity chemicals particularly light olefins and oxygenates. Knowledge of refinery processes including heavies upgrade, fluidized catalytic cracking & naphtha cracking is preferred.
• Candidate should have a strong background in various aspects of process development including reaction engineering both from an experimental and modeling perspective. Experience with scale-up of reactor designs from lab through pilot to manufacturing scale.
• Experience with the use of computational fluid dynamics tools to solve problems that involve reactive fluid flow is preferred. Candidate is expected to lead teams to design reactors.
• A theoretical as well as a practical understanding of kinetics, mass transfer and heat transfer limitations and experience in overcoming these limitations through novel reactor designs is important. Candidate will often be involved in design of reactors at pilot scale to address these limitations.
• A working knowledge of the methods for the generation of process safety data and application of such data for the safe design and operation of reactive systems including working with flammable liquid/gas mixtures is desired.
• Plan and manage projects to develop and advance new process technology from the laboratory scale, through the pilot scale & commercial implementation, using modeling and statistics based tools.
• Identify and work with external consortiums, research groups and process engineering firms of interest to shepherd process development through various stage gates and lead development of viable solutions.
| || Job/Education Requirements: |
• Degrees: PhD in chemical engineering with 15 plus years of experience preferred. BS/MS with equivalent experience.
• Experience in Petrochemical Industry with focus on process development from earliest stages, pilot plant and scale-up to commercial process.
• Strong background in fundamental engineering based process & equipment design and development of process flowsheet is required. Deep expertise in ASPEN PLUS necessary to perform and implement the foregoing.
• Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills; able to deliver technical messages effectively to non-technical stakeholders and team members
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines (e.g. business leaders, technicians, chemists, chemical engineers, and manufacturing teams).
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.