| || Operations Engineer |
| || 9209BR |
| || Yes |
| || Americas |
| || Engineering |
| || |
The Operations Engineer supports daily operations, including troubleshooting, increasing operational effectiveness and efficiency of production unit, overseeing equipment resources, debottlenecking, resolving performance gaps, and production loss accounting.
- The Operations Engineer is responsible to ensure the plant provides maximum unit availability in a safe and economical manner by providing support to plant personnel using available resources, by interfacing/coordinating with Supply Chain and SAP Data Owner and by helping to identify employee development opportunities, and participating in operator training and certifications.
- Provide off-hours coverage and support when necessary.
- The Operations Engineer provides technical support to the unit/site to ensure the unit meets all ISO, PSM, and other external and internal regulatory requirements, including SOP and SHEMS.
- This includes, but is not limited to participating in PHAs, HAZOP’s, executing MOCs, investigating incidents, and owning closure of appropriate action items (ATS).
- Be conversant with all SHEMS and knowledgeable with specific SHEMS responsibilities related to the position.
- Ensure compliance.
- Support Tactical Production Engineering Needs by collecting and analyzing unit operating data, conducting routine checks, performing Complex Trouble-Shooting/Debottlenecking/Root Cause Analyses on performance gaps with Cross-Functional Team(s) and implementing corrective actions/solutions, overseeing quality of PGRs and their resolution.
- Provide on-going technical coaching/mentoring to enhance operations.
- Maintain daily communications with plant personnel.
- Assess information reported by plant personnel and initiate action as appropriate on issues that impede performance.
- Support unit outage and turnaround activities including all coordination with the Supply Chain Teams.
- Provide primary interface with Supply Chain resources as subject matter expert. Provide oversight to production plan, high level production schedule development. Ensure plans are fully coordinated.
- Select and set targets for operating parameters and communicate them.
- Support development of front-end project package and project start-up ownership and execution.
- Own the tracking of production, performance monitoring and production losses; (Production Loss Accounting); and categorization and reporting of losses per the AO and AU Work Processes.
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken to return operations to normal, including invoking other Work Processes when necessary. Oversee the PGR/Dent Resolution Process and involve others as appropriate to resolve them.
- Assume SAP Roles as required to support unit; (PP, PLM, QM and LE).
- Responsible for meeting and driving improvements in production and quality targets.
- Responsible for developing and maintenance of operating procedures and condition cards.
| || |
- BS/MS Degree in an Engineering discipline. Chemical Engineering degree desired.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Petro-Chemical/Chemical Plant Environment with focus on operations, maintenance and capital improvements.
- Working knowledge of Process & Production Safety Management.
- Demonstrated experience with equipment inspection technologies and applications.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Codes & Standards such as ASME, API, NEC, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long-term strategies focused on reliability improvement.
- Working knowledge of Lean Concepts as they apply to manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated results working in facilitative environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified. Black Belt Certification a strong plus.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered.
- Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
| || Leadership Responsibilities
• Facilitates organizational effectiveness by modeling, reinforcing and coaching the elements of the Commitment Model and Critical Organizational Behaviors
• Demonstrates Commitment Model leadership by empowering the appropriate people to make effective decisions within their areas of responsibility.
• Creates an environment in which commitment to a "resolve it myself first" mind-set authentically pervades the organization.
| || United States of America |
| || Bay St. Louis |
| || Mississippi (MS) |
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.