| || Global Direct Tax Leader |
| || 9100BR |
| || No |
| || Americas |
| || Finance & Control |
| || |
- Lead and manage global direct tax operations.
- Ensure compliance for all direct taxes (CIT, WHT, payroll taxes, etc.).
- Manage and support the optimization of direct taxes for all SABIC business in all countries of operations.
- Assess and implement processes that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of SABIC's direct tax position including the cost-effective management of direct tax resources.
- Support risk management for all direct taxes.
- Support the implementation & development of the direct tax strategy globally, ensuring the direct tax compliance and local optimization of SABIC's Global Enterprise Model.
- Partner effectively with SBUs and Corporate Functions in direct tax projects and transactions.
- Regularly report on monitoring, managing, controlling and tracking all direct tax compliance requirements.
- Support the Global Tax Leadership Team in developing the strategy map of Corporate Finance.
- Develop, implement and monitor the strategy realization of the Direct Tax function. Cascades the strategy into an annual business plan covering operational objectives and specific goals
- Support the Global Tax Leadership Team on the development, management, monitoring and completion of Global Tax goals reported in the Corporate Finance Quarterly Performance Review
Policies and Procedures:
Annual Business Planning & Budget:
- Support the Global Tax Leadership Team in formulating and maintaining all related services and procedures for compliance with the SABIC Accounting Manual, the Master Authority Schedule and any related Zakat & Tax mandate, governance, policies, guidelines and manuals
- Ensure adherence to the documented processes, policies and procedures relating to Zakat & Tax Management globally
- Develop manage and deliver (at least) quarterly reports to the Director Global Zakat & Tax Operations relating to direct taxes globally, including compliance effectiveness, analysis & trends, productivity & efficiency and action plans; SBU partnering & project status, direct tax operational optimization status and direct tax management KPI status
Zakat & Tax Operations:
- Co-prepare the departmental global annual budget and monitors actual expenditure versus budget/plan.
- Provide input and support the Global Tax Leadership Team in developing the annual business plan & budget inclusive of annual operational objectives.
- Manage direct tax operations for all SABIC business in all (50+) countries of operations.
- Ensures, monitors, measures and reports globally accurate and timely direct tax compliance.
- Manage the operational relationship with direct tax authorities across all regions, including the conduct of tax audits.
- Manage and co-develops optimal resourcing of direct tax operations, including efficient and effective use of external advisers and technology; co-develops; manage and monitors the budget and spend on resourcing direct tax operations.
- Manage, monitors and mitigates direct tax risks, together with the Tax Planning & Risk Management Team.
- Support GFR&C, Tax Planning & Risk Management and the statutory auditors to ensure the direct tax accounts are accurate, reconciled and that provisions are properly recorded.
- Implement and maintain direct tax policies, guidelines and manuals to ensure tax compliance, risk management, tax optimization and business partnering achieve effectiveness in SABIC's Global Enterprise Model.
- Identify & implement direct tax optimization opportunities in line with SABIC's Code of Ethics, the tax mandate & policies.
- Builds, manages and maintains strong relationships with direct tax agencies and external advisers.
- Report and monitor KPI’s and performance of the direct tax team to the Global Tax Leadership Team.
- Maintain regular contacts with SBU/BU, Affiliates, to ensure effective partnering on direct tax matters.
- Recruit and manage a leading (virtual) Direct Tax Operations team in the chemical industry.
- Ensure Talent Management of the Direct Tax Operations team in alignment and cooperation with the Director Global Zakat & Tax Operations, HR and Corporate Finance Global Community.
| || |
- Bachelors degree in a relevant subject such as Law, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant subject preferred
- 15+ years of experience in direct tax
- Professional qualification such as Tax Practitioner's Certificate, CPA, Law or ACCA
- Extensive experience in the direct tax function of large multinationals and/or Big 4
- International global tax experience with detailed working knowledge of at least one tax jurisdiction and general practical understanding of international tax law and guidelines regarding direct taxes
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability an advantage
- Ability to effectively build direct tax awareness in the executive levels across the SBUs and corporate functions to support the Global Enterprise Model and mitigate tax compliance risks and enhance the application of the Code of Ethics
- Advanced Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Facilitation, Global Outlook, Project Management
- Leadership and management capability for a large, diverse teams of senior-level managers and other professional
- Networks with tactically leading individuals and functions, manages outside advisors,
- Monitor and Report on performance
- Ability to solve unique and complex technical, managerial and stakeholder problems that have a broad impact on the business from global to country or local entity level
- Strong communication and influential skills
- Co-defines process improvements and implementation, acutely aware of rapidly changing environment internally (growth strategy) and externally (rapidly changing tax regulation)
- Advanced performance management: people and organizational skills managed through defining goals based on group strategy and steering operational execution
- People management skills, including leading (virtual) teams, job and career development, performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination, etc.
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
| || United States of America |
| || Houston |
| || Texas (TX) |
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.