| || Communications Leader, Americas Region |
| || 9055BR |
| || Yes |
| || Americas |
| || Communications |
| || Serves as the Communications Lead for the Americas Region with the responsibility of developing regional strategies to drive the brand familiarity and reputation of SABIC. Serves as a member of the global branding, marcoms and Americas Region leadership teams ensuring close collaboration with CoEs in HQ, SABIC business units and region leadership. Ensures global plans are in line with corporate marketing communication plans and corporate communications activities. Leads the Americas Region team in the implementation of communication plans and corporate communication activities; plans and executes local/regional communications activities were all corporate functions. Works closely and collaboratively with various departments within the company to support company-wide priorities such as sustainability, strategies partnerships, product marketing efforts, sales and talent initiatives.|
- Lead the Americas region communications team in developing robust communication strategies and implementing activities that measurably promote, enhance and protect the global SABIC brand.
- Oversee all media relations, employee communications and public engagement strategies and execution for the region; work in conjunction with key teams (including digital marketing and social media) to design and carry out an effective strategy that will build on and expand SABIC’s brand reputation in the media and among key stakeholders.
- Execute marketing communication plans in the region in alignment with global marcom teams and specific SBUs and their defined market segments and product areas.
- Work cross-functionally to support internal and external communications initiatives throughout the company; provide guidance and support playing a key role in advising the region head and senior leadership team on a wide variety of communication matters critical to the company’s success in the region.
- Responsible for all crisis communication; identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the company; work with leadership teams and staff to craft internal and external communication solutions; and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Responsible for all internal and external corporate communication for the region.
- Act as company spokesperson in the media for the region and at public events; responsible for SABIC’s varied and integrated communications including the distribution of all press material, PR agency recruitment and management and promotional events.
- Collaborate with regional SBU leadership and specific marcom teams in developing and implementing the above.
- Represent the region in the development and execution of global programs in the region.
- Ensure the region communication strategy is aligned with corporate communications CoEs in HQ; translate global communications requirements into regional and local communications requirements (media relations, CSR, internal comms…).
- Drive all branding activities across the region while up-holding all governance around the SABIC brand including messaging, design and execution guidelines in alignment with the brand management team.
- Responsible for the regional budget; leading the development of annual regional communication plans and strategic resource planning (objectives, KPIs, budget, FTE, talent/TRP)
- Evaluate effectiveness of all communications as per the effect on KPIs with the region and recommend actions based on results.
- Enhance SABIC’s relationships with key stakeholders and regional and local communities and across the region.
- Lead regional projects in collaboration with global teams where applicable.
- Motivate, develop, attract, and retain talent for regional team.
| || |
- Undergraduate degree with specialization in marketing, communication and/or business development. Advanced degree desirable.
- Seasoned professional with 12-15 years of experience in marketing communications and corporate communications, preferably across multiple geographic regions and business models in complex matrix structures including the minimum of 5-10 years in leadership roles in corporate communications when time spent in a consulting capacity with an agency. High level of technical knowledge is needed to ensure robust decision-making based on functional competence
- Understanding of B2B but beneficial to have B2C experience
- Experience in a government relations preferred
- Experience with multiple geographies and cultures - including long-term global assignments
- Knowledge of national and international environmental issues including political, governmental and grass-roots activities
- Inspiring leader and role model who empowers and his/her team to contribute to SABIC’s overall goals and performs at the highest levels
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Media/press relations expertise in traditional and digital venues
- Self-starter comfortable working independently and in teams on project-based work in a complex, global matrix environment
- Demonstrated history of taking the initiative and conscientiously following through on all areas of responsibility
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
| || • Communication strategy and execution
• Marketing and communications expertise
• Press and media relations
• Corporate responsibility and sustainability
• Product marketing communications support
• Digital strategy implementation
• Crisis management
• Event planning and delivery
• Global collaboration & regional leadership
• Written and oral communication skills (fluency in English required; fluency in additional languages preferred
| || United States of America |
| || Houston |
| || Texas (TX) |
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.