SABIC is seeking high energy, goal-focused individuals who are proactive in problem solving and have the leadership and communication skills needed to help a diversified global business achieve its goals. Successful candidates will work in manufacturing engineering and interface with R&D, Finance, Operations, Projects and Commercial teams to drive projects engineering work from conceptual design to commissioning at the Mount Vernon site.
Initial responsibilities include:
Responsible for the overall coordination of the Commissioning and Startup Team for a Chlor alkali facility utilizing new membrane electrolyzers which would include representatives from the following organizational groups: Health Safety and Environmental, Construction, Operations, Engineering Design, Instrument and Controls, Technical Support, Consultants and Equipment vendors.
Develop, schedule, monitor, and document safe commissioning and startup plans and priorities for each system
Responsible for the identification and responsibility of the commissioning and startup team
Identify, plan and schedule for personnel coverage
Identify and facilitate the procurement of required start up materials.
Develop punch lists ensuring assignments and priorities are made for all punch list items and each is followed up through to completion
Ability to orchestrate and coordinate pre-startup preparations with construction and manufacturing to promote in parallel systems turn over ready for startup
Ensure that all commissioning activities are documented
Confirm training of resources and operators able to operate the plant safely and competently for on the job ready to participant in a timely manner
Assuring as built drawings are completed
Coordinate vendor start up assistance.
Support plant readiness program.
Other Responsibilities of a Project Development Engineer:
• Project lead for front-end development of projects.
• Prepares AFE package for Capital project budget funding.
• Conduct design review meetings to consolidate and align the technical comments.
• Manage assigned project scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, communication, and integration.
• Work with Business Planning on project justification and ensure justification of project is calibrated.
• Prepare monthly status reports.
• Initiate Management of Change (MOC) where required.
• Conduct project appraisal sessions for closed projects to capture the investment management lessons learned.
• Verify option identification & down select, design basis development and front-end engineering for minor and major capital projects.
• Flexible to respond to unit and capital project support needs as priorities change with specific business needs.
• Assure that all applicable local, national, and international general, engineering, technical, safety, and environmental standards are implemented to project.
• Assist E&PM during the FEED and E&PC phases of a project.
• Support project SHE reviews, Value Engineering, and applicable PHA.