| || Environmental Engineer |
| || 9030BR |
| || Yes |
| || Americas |
| ||Engineering |
| || Job Purpose & Responsibilities: |
This position reports to the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security (EHS&S) Leader at the Ottawa site. The overall objective is to drive compliance and performance improvement in the Site’s Environmental programs.
The position has several essential functions and responsibilities:
• Provide site leadership for assigned regulatory programs in Air, Water, Waste, Land, & Hazardous Materials. Familiar with Title V Air Requirements, Waste Water Treatment Processes, Hazardous Waste Management, Shipment of Hazardous materials by Truck and Rail.
• Act as point of contact for Environmental compliance issues within manufacturing operations for assigned areas/medias.
• Coordinate the preparation of Regulatory Permits, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting requirements for assigned units or medias.
• Work with area operations to meet environmental expectations and improve operating metrics.
• Implement programs that achieve both regulatory requirements and operational flexibility.
• Key interfaces include Operations and Maintenance leaders and technicians, project engineers, process control engineers, Technology representatives, along with frequent exposure to site level management.
• Individual will also interact with other sites around the business and EHSS corporate to translate best practices. The individual will interact with Federal & State agencies.
| || Requirements: |
• BS degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Chemical Engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a chemical or industrial setting.
• Provide technical direction and execution of critical environmental programs.
• Experience with process programs including NSR and Title V Permitting, TRI, Tier II, SARA, ISO14001, NPDES, BMP, RCRA, Hazardous Materials, DOT/FRA, EPA, CERCLA, TSCA, CAA, CWA, MACT, BACT, HON, MON, GMACT, LDAR and other standards related to various Federal and State agencies
• Agency Interface with on-site regulatory inspections and permitting functions.
• Occasionally lifting 55 pounds
• Mixture of sitting and standing
• Ergo requirement for computer usage
• No special PPE requirement in working area, but needs to comply with site regulation for PPE while in plant.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
| || •Strongly prefer BS in Chemical Engineering
•Excellent leadership, communication, training and interpersonal skills required.
•Proven record of accomplishment of leading organizational changes and program implementation.
•Demonstrated analytical, computer, communication and negotiations skills
•Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate individuals teams and interacts cross-functionally.
| || United States of America |
| || Ottawa |
| || Illinois (IL) |
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.