| || Coordinator |
| || 12329BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Lubbock |
| || SON Lbk Genl |
| || Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants. |
| || |
- Provide initial advising of all prospective RN BSN students either face to face, over the phone, via email, or other methods. All advising is grounded in admissions procedures as put forth by faculty.
- Become a subject-matter-expert through continuous process and product knowledge improvement while representing the TTUHSC SON RN BSN program.
- Guide prospective RN BSN students through the TTUHSC SON admission process by clearly communicating program requirements, time commitment, financial requirements, student support services and technology requirements.
- Work locally and remotely in managing and implementing strategies to increase prospective RN BSN student inquiries.
- Serve as the admission coach in reviewing information during an application cycle and notifying prospective students and Admission Coordinator about missing application items. Adherence to admissions operations, policies, procedures, and deadlines is mandatory.
- Represent the TTUHSC School of Nursing RN BSN program on identified community college partners by establishing office hours each semester to meet with and advise prospective students.
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial and determined attitude to meet performance targets, and the confidence to work independently without daily oversight.
- Communicates with new and prospective online students via phone, email and/or other electronic methods; averaging (2-3+ hours of calls per day).
- Provide creative thinking on innovative approaches to identify, recruit and advise candidates for the RN BSN program. Work in partnership with current recruiters on meeting identified prospect targets.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal/external customers in regards to the growth and expansion of the RN BSN program.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Associate Academic Dean for Student Affairs.
- Supports the Total Quality Management philosophy of the School of Nursing. Supports the Student First Initiative of TTUHSC. Supports the Service Plus philosophy of TTUHSC.
- Maintain frequent contact with applicants and ensure all contacts are documented. Return all emails and phone calls on a daily basis with a focus on customer service. Meet with prospective students as needed and proved tours of facility as identified. Maintain outcome data on all contact.
- Help in the development and/or maintaining current marketing materials for the RN BSN program. Create and execute events and/or activities, which includes conducting informational, prospective student presentation.
- Work in a collaborative manner with all team members in meeting the expectations of the division. Inform Admissions Coordinators of missing items to ensure prompt follow-up with applicants.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publication; maintain personal networks and participating in professional organizations with approval from the Associate Dean.
- Commitment to the philosophy and professional expectation in the field of Student Affairs.
| || High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis. |
| || Position Specific Qualifications:|
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to set priorities and meet all required deadlines. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others. Knowledge of computer software programs including admission portals for respective programs. Web and student information systems experience. Public relations.
- Must possess excellent written, computer, verbal and phone skills. Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure and deadlines. Must have exceptional people and organizational skills. Must be able to coordinate, plan and implement large events and activities. Student Affairs/Admission experience preferred. Prior working experience as a BSN nurse also preferred. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| || No |
| ||Professional/Personal References |
Resume / CV
| || Full Time |
| || Hourly |
| || 12.42 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || None |
| || Day |
| || No |
| || Clerical/Secretarial |
| || 11/09/2018|