| || Assistant/Associate Librarian-Digital Publishing Project (Open Rank) |
| || 10590BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech University |
| || Texas Tech University |
| || Library |
| || To serve the information needs of library clientele in assigned subject area(s) to include liaison, collection development, user instruction and reference activities; must also cooperate and function as part of a team to provide services to all library users. This is an entry-level rank assigned to those beginning their professional careers or those, who upon their appointment, do not meet the criteria of Associate Librarian. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for individual initiative and judgment. Evaluation of employee performance is based upon accomplishment of defined objectives. |
| || This is a tenure-track, 12-month position responsible for leading the development of projects connected with the TTU Press's digital publishing initiative. The American Association of University Professors (AAUP) report on Library-Press collaborations stated that library-publishing services are on the rise, and universities need guidance on where their press and library missions overlap. This position will have the opportunity to enact collaboration between library and the press's expertise in traditional publishing by developing digital content and develop a sustainable model for managing cost of production.|
This position will spend the first two years working with Texas Tech faculty authors to publish electronic books in Open Monograph Press with the support of the University Press. The position will be creating workflows, policies, and helping authors with technical issues related to publishing eBooks and non-traditional multimedia eBooks and developing sustainable models for library publishing.
As faculty, this position is expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals. They are also expected to provide service to the profession by serving on teams/taskforces/work groups as well as serve on college and university committees in addition to their job duties.
This position reports to the Digital Resources Unit Head in the University Library but collaborates closely with the TTU University Press. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about the emerging field of library publishing and able to handle the rigor of tenure with mentorship.
- Provides technical support to authors creating eBook, eTextbooks, and other non-traditional books or other content for publication.
- Provides support to authors publishing digitally by managing a digital publishing platform.
- Provides consultation, training, and support to the campus community on issues related to digital publishing and creating digital educational resources.
- Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library and university press staff. Disseminates information that is clear to all levels of library and university press staff in the form of emails updates, attendance at staff meetings, and other appropriate means
- Works closely with the unit lead, appropriate teams and departments to establish and refine associated workflows for digital publishing.
- Provides leadership and coordination in the development of a digital publishing initiative between the university library and the university press.
- Works collaboratively with the TTU Press on digital publishing projects.
- Seeks out authors for possible digital publications and helps to select projects.
- Keeps abreast of trends and best practices in digital publishing and monetized digital formats.
- Seeks out related grant opportunities to fund digital publishing efforts.
| || |
- Serves on library committees and cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Writes reports and prepares documentation as needed.
| || Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program. |
| || Strong project management skills and experience; Knowledge of current and future scholarly publishing models, especially library–press collaborations; Experience developing and publishing digital content; Some knowledge of traditional publishing; Broad knowledge of digital publishing platforms; Experience with presenting or manipulating multimedia (Audio, video, interactive webpages); Experience with a content management system, digital asset management system, or Open Monograph Press. |
| || As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Texas Tech welcomes consideration of dual career and professional couple accommodations. |
| || No |
| ||Cover Letter |
Resume / CV
| || Full Time |
| || Monthly |
| || 800 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || Up to 25% |
| || Day |
| || No |
| || 3H0X1, 84H0 |
| || 8878 |
| || |