| || 35692BR |
| || Systems Analyst |
| || Systems Analyst |
| || Campus: Polytechnic |
| || Information Technology |
| || Research and Development |
| || Full-Time |
| || EXEC VP/PROVOST |
| || Open |
| || This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding. |
| || 02 |
| || $57,600 - $65,000 per year; per year DOE |
| || 29-September-2017 |
| || ASU Library is seeking a highly motivated, knowledgeable Library Services Systems Analyst to work with Discovery Services, under the direction of the Systems Analyst, Principal. This individual will collaborate with staff in the ASU Library and branches in the support and administration of the shared Ex Libris Alma library service platform /ILS and Primo discovery service and related integrated library and enterprise applications. The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting with the daily maintenance and operation of the Alma/Primo platform and on technical projects with third party integrations affecting library systems.|
Ranked #1 for innovation two years in a row by U.S. News and World Report, Arizona State University has become the foundational model for a new paradigm for public higher education – committed to access, excellence and impact – and is now actively engaged in building a new library for the 21st century. ASU Library, serving as a critical gateway to ASU’s growing research and knowledge enterprise, works to collaborate, educate and innovate across disciplines, communities and technologies, while leveraging key research and learning opportunities that are unique to ASU.
| || |
- Works with the Systems Analyst, Principal and other library staff in maintenance and support of the Alma/Primo platforms.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of the overall direction and strategies for the development of these automated systems and delivers efficient service.
- Works closely with library staff to survey library systems requirements in order to interpret and define needs.
- Performs detailed analysis and design of new systems functionality, and modifies the design of existing ones to meet the needs of library systems users.
- Provides information to library staff about what is available and possible in the library services platform.
- Analyzes workflows and resolves system issues.
- Coordinates with library staff to resolve problems.
- Works with system vendors to track and resolve problems that cannot be addressed in-house.
- Provides regular reports to users concerning reported, pending and resolved issues.
- Works with users, library staff, and university staff to integrate enterprise technology tools with ASU Library’s computing infrastructure.
- Consults with users and Information Technology personnel in solving problems relating to existing system policies, procedures, operations and/or technical systems and implements approved solutions.
- Provides training for new and revised procedures and functionality as required.
| || |
Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field AND two (2) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Six (6) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months experience.
| || |
- Experience providing support to end users
- Experience in analyzing, documenting, and resolving system issues
- Experience in using XML, HTML, and CSS
- Experience in assessing training requirements and creating/delivering training to other library staff/end users
- Experience in communicating with vendor support staff to report and diagnose system bugs, and providing feedback on desired functionality
- Experience in using interpersonal and listening skills
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using decision-making and analytical skills
- Experience in being resourceful in overcoming obstacles to meet deadlines
- Experience in using organization and prioritization skills
- Experience supporting an integrated library system or library services platform (Ex Libris Primo/Alma preferred)
- Back-end configuration experience with ILS platform
- Evidence of a Master’s Degree, Library and Information Science
| || |
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking
- Frequent physical demands include stooping, bending, reaching, lifting up to 25 pounds and pushing objects of varying weights up to 100 pounds
- Exposure to dust and other airborne materials
- Regularly required to access books and other physical items from shelves up to 7 feet in height requiring climbing library ladders
- May be required to travel between library locations to deliver and/or retrieve materials using an electric powered cart
- Receive close review of completed tasks
- May oversee assignments to student workers to ensure timely completion and/or to provide guidance or assistance to questions
| || The Arizona State University, ASU Libraries is a leader in innovative customer service and in the strength of its collections; it ranks in the top 40 research libraries in North America. ASU’s programs for online-only students are growing rapidly and the library is innovating to serve that audience as well. The ASU Libraries include nine physical locations: Fletcher Library at the West campus, the Library at the Downtown Phoenix campus, the Library at the Polytechnic campus, the Library at the Thunderbird campus (International Business Information Centre – IBIC), and the four libraries on the Tempe campus: Hayden Library, Noble Science and Engineering Library, Music Library, and Architecture and Environmental Design Library. In addition, the Ross-Blakely Law Library serves the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. The Libraries of ASU support over 90,000 full-time and part-time students and over 3,000 faculty. |
| || |
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. |
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check. |
| || |
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.