| || 34646BR |
| || Data Analyst Sr |
| || Senior Data Analyst |
| || Off-Campus: Scottsdale |
| || Information Technology |
| || EdPlus at ASU DTL Action Lab |
| || Full-Time |
| || EdPlus at ASU |
| || Open |
| || This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding. |
| || 02 |
| || Depends on experience |
| || 23-August-2017 |
| || |
EdPlus at ASU seeks a highly-motivated Senior Data Analyst to join our high-performing team. This position will assist with the process of data extracts and overall data management for various data sources for the Action Lab and EdPlus. Data management includes data engineering, data schemas, data architecture, data quality, data security, data governance, data extraction,and loading and transforming from multiple resources.
EdPlus is a leader in online learning and global education. Our mission is to reimagine teaching and learning and deliver education at scale and speed to everyone, everywhere.
EdPlus at ASU
| || |
The Action Lab Senior Data Analyst (SDA) develops database queries, scripts, tools, and methods to manage data according to client requirements, within defined technical standards, and within time constraints. Emphasis is on ETL procedures. The SDA is proficient with relational database concepts and practices, is able to evaluate and write complex queries, scripts, APIs, and can create and maintain common database objects such as views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions. The SDA should support SQL or NOSQL and structured vs. non-structured data. The SDA should be familiar with and able to utilize code management and/or revision control tools and follow standard software development practices. The majority of time is spent developing and refining ETL processes, writing update queries, and writing ad-hoc queries on behalf of clients and stakeholders. SDA should be a self-motivate in maintaining data quality, data dictionaries, data catalog for the ASU needs.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain ETL procedures according to client specifications and within defined technical standards.
- Develop and maintain database stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, triggers and other common database objects.
- Write custom and ad-hoc queries, APIs, Scripts and update queries.
- Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
- Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Account for and accurately log time against project work.
- Assume or coordinate other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
| || |
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or closely related field AND six years prior relevant experience in a large, multi-user data environment including responsibility for development of customized queries and reports OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
| || |
- Experience in data/business analytics with bigger datasets one or multiple data warehouse platforms.
- Experience defining data requirements, data relationship, data dictionaries, data schema and data architecture for analytical hub.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC / Agile methodology and development best practices.
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL pipelines, job schedulers.
- Experience with different technologies such as SQL, Hive, Spark, Pig, Python, R, Chartio, Bash, Git, Kafka.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EMR, Redshift or similar.
- Experience in extraction skills, and experience in creating and evaluating complex query statements involving numerous tables and join relationships.
- Experience in modelling, data architecture, data cleansing and data analytical skills.
- Experience in design and scripting experience.
- Experience with comprehensive statistical analyses and at least one statistical software.
- Experience in working in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated of query performance tuning.
- Experience in at least one reporting tool (i.e.,Tableau, SSRS, Qlik, MS Power BI).
- Experience in investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
- Evidence of effective verbal and in writing skills; able to adjust for intended audience.
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience in displaying complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
| || |
Our offices are located in ASU SkySong, a dynamic center for innovation - home to both start-ups and Fortune 500 companies.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
| || EdPlus at ASU works to accelerate the acceptance and adoption of digital teaching and learning at ASU, in America and the world.|
Help us change the world of higher education by becoming part of our innovative, enthusiastic and disciplined team. Our culture is one where everybody contributes, because we feel a sense of urgency each day; where everyone strives for excellence, because we seek to delight our stakeholders; where everybody takes risks, because we are challenged by our ambitions to be bold; and where we achieve milestones and are closers.
If you wish to work in an environment where you will be valued for the skills you bring to projects and be challenged to stretch your current capabilities and apply them in new ways, then consider becoming part of EdPlus at ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
| || |
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. |
| || This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check. |
| || |
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
EdPlus at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States.